Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] What do you call your car and why?

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
I've got a stunning yellow Z3. It's Dakar yellow and is beautifully curvaceous. I was tempted to name her after a stunning blonde that I dated eons ago, but I didn't feel comfortable about that. Instead, I decided to name her after my next conquest, Nadia. She isn't blonde, but she's stunningly attractive. I may regret this, if she proves to beyond my reach, but I'm in no hurry to compromise. You wouldn't sign Fred Binney if there was a remote possibility of signing Mo Salah, would you ?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I don't have a car at the moment. The last one I had was a blue and white Mini. I called it "my Mini" or sometimes "my car".

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I don't have a car at the moment. The last one I had was a blue and white Mini. I called it "my Mini" or sometimes "my car".

End of (a very weird) thread :shrug:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Give a car a name then it begets a personality, don't give it a name. It will only end badly.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I doubt I will ever have a car, but I would paint it in about 20 different colours and call it "The Mothership" or "The Black Stallion" (it wont be black, but it sounds cool).

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I've got a stunning yellow Z3. It's Dakar yellow and is beautifully curvaceous. I was tempted to name her after a stunning blonde that I dated eons ago, but I didn't feel comfortable about that. Instead, I decided to name her after my next conquest, Nadia. She isn't blonde, but she's stunningly attractive. I may regret this, if she proves to beyond my reach, but I'm in no hurry to compromise. You wouldn't sign Fred Binney if there was a remote possibility of signing Mo Salah, would you ?

Appropriate user name.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
My Nissan Sunny was called the “green machine” in our house

Strangely enough that was 2 cars and eight years ago but it’s still on my drive in Google Street view

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Probably irrational, but the naming of inanimate objects really pisses me off.........

‘Oooooooh, that’s Scooby, our campervan’.

**** off, it’s a rusty 1970s VW that spews toxic fumes out and breaks down every 100 miles, and causes a queue of traffic behind you whenever you can get the ****er started.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
I’ve nicknamed my company car the twatmobile.
That’s because it’s an Audi A3

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Give a car a name then it begets a personality, don't give it a name. It will only end badly.

Quite right! I call mine 'Rubbish', because it is. Outperformed by a 15 year old Nissan Micra, and uses more petrol trying to do it. Hyundai I10 .... pfff!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here