Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Changed relationships?

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
We are all aware that we are in very strange times. Some are working even harder than usual keeping essential services going. Some are WFH. Some are self-isolating / shielding. Some are laid off due to their employers closing, and so on.

The point is, that for pretty much all of us, our circumstances have changed.

So, in this new order that we find ourselves, have you noticed that your relationship with anything or anyone has changed, particularly in ways that you did not expect?

Have you found out anything unexpected about your loved ones, your co-workers, your neighbours?

A particular gadget round the house? A service that you took for granted?

Whether things have changed for better or worse, what has surprised you the most?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
The guys that collect everyones crap, I'm either at work or in bed sleeping off nights when they're about.
I've witnessed them collecting the green waste, in bags which are supplied by the borough council, full to the brim with small twiglets on top covering a multitude of lumberjack debris underneath, which people cannot be assed to cut up.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I will be using small shops like farm shops and butchers much, much more after all this. They
have been a lifeline when the supermarkets are a bit of a nightmare.

I feel guilty that I haven't used them before.

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
My daily relationship with the A23/M23 has become much less shouty and abusive. BC - 40 minutes, AC - 22 minutes. Every cloud....

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
I appreciate work a bit more, and I've realised that my relationship with Jaffa Cakes is bordering on abusive.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
One of my good mates has irrevocably damaged our friendship forever during all this shitshow. Her attitude has been a disgrace and it has shocked me big time at how a time of crisis can turn such a nice person so nasty.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Gone from my partner and I going to work every day then coming home to each other or an empty house, to me working from home with my two kids both there having come back from uni. My partner is a nurse so she still leaves every day at the same time.

It’s pretty stressful and my daughter in particular is very high maintenance. It’s definitely put a strain on my relationship with her.

Still, everything needs to be put in perspective when you live with a nurse. I really don’t know how she does it......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Having relied on local deliveries from butchers , fishmongers & greengrocers for the last few weeks, I’m going to continue to use them after this crisis is over and do far far less shopping in Waitrose.

dstanman

Jul 1, 2011
We have found at work those who are willing to step up and those just wanting to disappear

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
Flipping this on its head I think some retailers’ relationships with customers will have changed - some have really stepped up to the plate. Two bakeries near me. One we use regularly shut almost immediately, the other cleverly pivoted to a nice website, deliveries and a stall every now and then. Turns out their produce is better too. Same with some local (garden) nurseries, some have probably benefited from this by offering free deliveries, others didn’t have the nous to change their ways and will probably not be around when this all is over.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Being with them 24/7, I'm delighted how much I enjoy being with the missus and nipper. I was contemplating my possible melt down, as I have very very limited tolerance of others, and like to spend most of my time on my own.

The other thing is how much I miss my son. He can't come round for dinner because he lives elsewhere and you can't do that now. Last time I saw him, he came to the Amex with me and stayed awake all the way there and all the way back. The time before (6 months ago) he slept both ways. I had assumed it was late night gaming, and felt peeved, but when I mentioned it to him he said 'much less overtime and much more sleep'. I felt ashamed.

Ah well, it will be so good to have him round again, and for us to watch the Albion again. It will happen. Fact.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here