Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Cameron Peupion

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/sydney-fc-teenager-set-to-sign-with-epl-club-brighton-20200408-p54iac.html

"When the COVID-19 lockdown is eventually lifted, the next training session Sydney FC youngster Cameron Peupion will take part in is likely to be with English Premier League club Brighton and Hove Albion.

The 17-year-old midfielder is on the cusp of sealing a move to the Seagulls, where he will join Socceroos stars Mat Ryan and Aaron Mooy.

After impressing at the under-17s World Cup last year, Peupion was given a chance to trial with the EPL outfit and appears to have done enough to make a permanent move to the East Sussex club."

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Christ almighty this kid is coming more times than Ron Jeremy.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
East Sussex? That’s very 1990s.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You’re slacking. A thoroughly inadequate transfer-related OP, and our QC supervisor goes missing. Standards have to be maintained, even in these difficult times.

Which one of the 5 threads about this child would you like QC'ed? :lol:

(We don't QC the kids - unless you want to trawl around looking for a 17 year olds GF)

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
EDIT 20/12/23 - My ‘Peupion’ thread now merged with an old thread that hadn’t been posted on for several years which contained the unhelpful posts above so ignore content below relating to thread title and references to people not having heard of this player - he wasn’t on NSC radar when the subsequent thread was started.

————————

Good to see images of Peupion training with the First team on Thursday morning - I confess to not watching much PL2 but he impressed me against Palace on Sunday. Is it just me or can anyone else see him debutting with the first team squad before the end of this season? What is his overall form looking like …?

Highlights here

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
He's always looked useful when I've watched him, but is he ready to step it up a level? We shall see.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
He's always looked useful when I've watched him, but is he ready to step it up a level? We shall see.
I though he looked useful too when he came on for Enciso for 10 minutes or so in the Forest Green match back in August and claimed an assist for Ferguson’s goal - I know PL is a next step up from cup matches in terms of squad choice but De Zerbi seems much keener to bring on youngsters in PL matches than Potter was. Maybe one to watch for potential?

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
I will confess to have thought this was a prospective unknown signing from the Thread title, then, when checking Wiki, realise I have seen him play at FGR where he clearly left less than a lasting impression. Anyone else not keeping up?

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
will confess to have thought this was a prospective unknown signing from the Thread title, then, when checking Wiki ..Anyone else not keeping up?
Not sure why just typing someone’s name as my thread title would suggest a prospective unknown signing? Seems a bit of an odd comment.

I assumed more people here than I followed our Academy development so would know a/ who I was talking about and b/ and follow PL2 football - So my question was to people in that category and was asking what people thought. The future of what could be some of Brighton’s biggest PL players starts in the Academy so it’s of interest if just for that alone to keep an eye on who’s moving up.

I would add in the lad’s defence that it’s a bit hard to leave a lasting impression if you’re only on the field for 10 minutes in your debut senior game and as I said above, he did get an assist for Ferguson’s goal.

He’s been a recent regular in the U23s as well as playing for the U-21’s and U28s (The Albion site is probably the best place to keep up with our Academy lads, not ‘Wiki’! 😉)

I’m sure we we have other Academy players coming up behind him and in front even but I thought he looked interesting in the Palace match and was worth watching.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Not sure why just typing someone’s name as my thread title would suggest a prospective unknown signing? Seems a bit of an odd comment.

I assumed more people here than I followed our Academy development so would know a/ who I was talking about and b/ and follow PL2 football - So my question was to people in that category was asking what people thought.

I would add in the lad’s defence that it’s a bit hard to leave a lasting impression if you’re only on the field for 10 minutes in your debut senior game and as I said above, he did get an assist for Ferguson’s goal.

He’s been a recent regular in the U23s as well as playing for the U-21’s and U28s (The Albion site is probably the best place to keep up with our Academy lads, not ‘Wiki’! 😉)

I’m sure we we have other Academy players coming up behind him and in front even but I thought he looked interesting in the Palace match.
He’s looked excellent in all the U23 games I’ve seen.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
He’s looked excellent in all the U23 games I’ve seen.
Thank you for your opinion 🙂
More realistically, a decent loan next season, let's see how he takes to league football
I think he could eventually be a money maker for us if and when he’s eventually sold on - first spotted in Brazil playing in the Aussie U17s WC apparently

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I have watched most of the U21 games (those that have been televised) this season, and he has looked OK. I think he's been developing and improving as the season goes on. Good aggression, and imposing himself more on games as the season has progressed.
I would have said good candidate for a loan rather than a jump to the first team - there's a lot of competition up there these days anyway! I would think training with the seniors would be a normal part of the development - I would expect many of the U21s to have done so at times, no?

But what do I know - playing against Liverpool at LB next probably! :facepalm:

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Last edited:

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
When he first came over he was really lightweight and struggled a bit but he has improved physically massively and is one of the best players on the pitch nearly every time I see him play these days.

His improvement has been dramatic and I wouldn’t be surprised to seem him get minutes before the end of the season. Looks an exciting talent.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
When he first came over he was really lightweight and struggled a bit but he has improved physically massively and is one of the best players on the pitch nearly every time I see him play these days.

His improvement has been dramatic and I wouldn’t be surprised to seem him get minutes before the end of the season. Looks an exciting talent.
I wasn’t imagining it then watching him on Sunday 😅 Thank you for your opinion - your remarks are also probably a good testament to our Academy coaches.

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

This 👍

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here