Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] home delivered takeaway

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Ordered our first one from The Curry Leaf Cafe. It's arriving this evening so I can't give a report (but I've eaten in the restaurant and it's excellent scran, so I'm hopeful)

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Tried Curry Master in Eastbourne last night, lovely grub and massive portions.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Blimey, I haven't come across anyone using the word "Doris" in that context since Army days (late 70's to mid 80's)! I'm sure that Mrs Saladpack would be outraged to be referred to as such! She certainly hates being introduced to people as "The Wife"- which is of course why I do it! We will have a takeaway some time over Easter but we haven't decided which as yet.

Its a habit I've picked up from somewhere - needless to say, I only use it in written format where she does't read. Like here.

I'm not THAT daft.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Yup. Mumbai Express Sutherland Road. Never had a bad one from there. Don't bother with delivery though as just round the corner, so ring order through then go and get it, although the usual wait in the pub next door with a couple of beers has been stopped :down:

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
My local curry house is also a country pub.

They’ve adapted to takeaway only and still have a lot of draught lager and beer to shift so have been selling it at £1 a pint (it was delivered in a paper based carton, ice cold which was nice)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimmy Grimble

Ordered our first one from The Curry Leaf Cafe. It's arriving this evening so I can't give a report (but I've eaten in the restaurant and it's excellent scran, so I'm hopeful)

Please do give a report, haven’t been there in a while but if the takeaway is good I may follow suit.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
To liven up the lockdown, and help our favourite places out, we have 2 takeaways a week now and rotate them. Shortly we are having around 1.5 kilos of Texan BBQ delivered.....which should keep us busy for a day or two.

Jimmy Grimble

Great value too, far cheaper than the others I’ve tried who deliver to north Brighton.

Their neighbours at the Shahi are also good though I do prefer the Balti Express.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003

The ready meal service I take it? Really good, hope you ordered the dhal.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The ready meal service I take it? Really good, hope you ordered the dhal.

I have. It's arriving this evening. I'll report back later

Looking forward for evening relaxing with a ruby, a whisky and Cosi Fan Tutte from Royal Opera. ..almost perfect.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Yep, once a week . Placed on doorstep and giving driver chance to get back in car before opening door . Even been given owners mobile number so we can text an order through at busy times :thumbsup:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
'Home delivered takeaway'. Slight oxymoron going on there.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

Had one from the CLC last week, bloody delicious...next one coming tomorrow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here