Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Ungrateful ********

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Raked the lawn a couple of weeks ago as per instructions from Sir Monty Don and did my 10% set-aside of the moss I scraped up for my local bird population for their upcoming nests, again as per instructions.

Not one bit of the pile has been touched since then. :down:

The next Blue Tit I see will get drop kicked across my Garden... :lolol:

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Raked the lawn a couple of weeks ago as per instructions from Sir Monty Don and did my 10% set-aside of the moss I scraped up for my local bird population for their upcoming nests, again as per instructions.

They're probably self-titillating?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
That's because they're in my garden. They've just moved in to the first floor of Mrs Earle's new bird house and feeder table combo. Lot's of hammering going on inside as they sort out furnishings unless it's beaks tapping on wood as they arrange the moss, leaves and twigs how they want them.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Left all the moss from raking here at the top of the lawn and a decent amount has been taken for nesting. Its been very dry here for days so the moss was dry and fluffy - that might have an impact?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

It's a bit much expecting the bluetits to take away your garden waste when even the f***in' council has stopped taking it. Just when half the country is stuck at home doing the gardening ............................

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014

Jakarta - ffs mate - they've built their bloody nests ages ago. You're late to the
party buddy. The birds are probably tittering and guffawing to themselves - "stupid
old fool".

Tokyohands

Jan 5, 2017
Tokyo
They seem to prefer animal hair and balls of fluff in general. Whenever my parents brushed their cat outside the birds when mad for it.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

Following your guidance, I gathered some moss (clearly I'm no Mick Jagger!) and popped a pile of it on the lower level of the bird table. The blue tit in charge of home building quickly picked up the whole lot and took it upstairs to the nest on first floor for a nice plush carpet for the family. Not only that, I noticed another pair has moved in to the dilapidated old bird house on the shed. Lucky no cats round our way!

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle

Yep. Give me Great Tits every time.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Following your guidance, I gathered some moss (clearly I'm no Mick Jagger!) and popped a pile of it on the lower level of the bird table. The blue tit in charge of home building quickly picked up the whole lot and took it upstairs to the nest on first floor for a nice plush carpet for the family. Not only that, I noticed another pair has moved in to the dilapidated old bird house on the shed. Lucky no cats round our way!

Clearly know they are doing down your way, our lot mustn't watch the BBC.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Was there a ring of Cats around the pile though ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here