Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Southern Sound - Timbo

Rambo

Don't Push me
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
Anyone remember this bloke from the 80’s on Southern Sound every evening, had quite a cult following. Whatever happened to him?

Had lots of annoying jingles if I recall.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Tommy Boyd's Sunday night show was without doubt the greatest radio show of all time.

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
He was very suggestive if i remember rightly, often asking the ladies to describe what they were or rather weren't wearing.Totally outragous compaired to your usual "Mike Smashy" BBC tripe at the time.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Who was the funny guy who did the late evening shows, around 1998-2000? with the lady sidekick ?

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
He is T . terrific
He is I . incredible
He is M. Magnificent
he is B. such a Beauty
He is O O O
TIMBO

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Anyone remember this bloke from the 80’s on Southern Sound every evening, had quite a cult following. Whatever happened to him?

Real name - Tim Lloyd. Here's his Twitter: https://twitter.com/essextimbo?lang=en

Now:

timbo now.jpg

...and then.

timbo.jpg

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Loved the Tommy Boyd show - Nicky Keig-Schevlin was on that too (“time for Nicky, Nickety Nockety..etc”)
Used to love the old Southern Sound long jingle at the close of broadcasting. It sounded like a elevator version of MacArthur Park. So much so, I got in contact with Chris Copsey (RIP) in 1998 who got me an invite to the sound engineer chap who looked after the archives and burnt it onto a CD for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here