[Food] Who is getting FAT?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
*raises hand*

Have been self isolating since Saturday. No fever or sore throat but have had a consistent chesty cough. This has meant no running as I would normally. I am also lucky enough to still be working as can work from home every day, but that has meant 12 hour days on the desk, followed by a short walk to cook everyone food. Said food has consisted of whatever we can get so I've been adding gravys, sauces, butter or whatever to improve the taste of my concoctions and washing it down with a beer. Then a fun evening sat in front of NSC or the googlebox before retiring for 8 hours kip and doing it over.

I've already put on a stone. I'm going to be the size of a house by the end of May unless this effing cough shifts.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Nearly 5 kilos in almost 3 weeks of self-isolation. 105 kilos now,not looking good as it's piling on around my waste. Only good thing is I'm 6'4".

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I am exercising, but I'm eating and drinking more out of pure boredom. There's going to be a lot of different health issues for a lot of people to add to the aftermath of all this.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
I was anyway, but it is getting worse. Back to work tomorrow after 2 weeks on call/rest days so 18 miles a day on the E-bike might help. Find it difficult to justify to myself and the missus disappearing for 2 hours a day to go on a bike ride and leaving her at home looking after a 7 week old and a 2 year old.

The only positive is that Big Mouths and the Chinese take away in Peacehaven are shut otherwise it'd be 10 times worse.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I've been working at home a lot for the last year, and cycling less after my knee op (which wasn't the greatest success) so I came into COVA a stone overweight. Probably holding steady, as I am no longer buying lunch at work 3 days a week. I have also finally expunged all gluten from my diet owing to the loss of said work lunches and more time to take better care, so my remaining alimentary distress has now fully departed. Every cloud...

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I think i'm about the same (not that i'm proud of it). I'm not eating as well as I would if I were at work (i usually force myself to take healthy food/lots of fruit to work) but i am more active as I go on daily walks, or do activities outside with the family.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
The opposite for me - this break from the pubs has done me a world of good. Lost just over 1 stone (16lbs) in 3 weeks. It does help that I have an exercise bike in the garage and I've just tried cooking meals more from scratch rather than having my usual couple of takeaways a week. Plus the biggest bonus is the money I've saved from nights out in the pub. As I don't drink at home (prefering the pub scene) my bank balance has improved too.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
About 8 weeks ago, I got the results of a blood test showing 'raised cholesterol', so I cut back on some of my more unhealthy eating habits of the last 59 years. I cut out butter, cream and a lot of red and processed meat from my cooking, together with pies and cakes. I still carried on eating similar quantities and drinking wine regularly, I don't want to live forever (or feel like it's forever), after all.

In the first 4 weeks I lost 7lbs, but then all exercise stopped (I was playing football 2-3 times a week), and I've been stuck indoors and in the garden. Although I haven't put on weight, I've now stayed exactly the same weight as when I stopped exercising. I just want to get back to doing some exercise again. (And, before anyone asks, I don't do gym classes or running, I did the former once with Jane Fonda and had to do the latter at school and hated both of them). I now only do football as my knees aren't up to squash anymore :down:

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Have put on some fat but Daily 45 minute spin classes are helping

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I think I've lost weight, ending the crap takeaway food I'd eat several times a week has made this happen.....I really fancy a chicken shish mind.

:lolol:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Kind of...............was supposed to be training pretty hard by now for various running events, but have stepped back on that for obvious reasons. WFH has meant basically 'all day grazing'. Weight staying level at this point rather than going down as planned/should be - was aiming for below 75kg (currently 78/79) but ain't going to happen any time soon. Managing to run between 35 & 40m a week which is just about balancing out the intake.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The opposite - home cooked food every day, rationing food a little so we have to shop as little as possible - my weakness is fast food and snacks and both of those are way down atm of course.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The opposite - home cooked food every day, rationing food a little so we have to shop as little as possible - my weakness is fast food and snacks and both of those are way down atm of course.

I've normally got a few "pots" of disposable income lined up. Some for race entries, some for meals out with the better half or takeaways for the kids and a beer and pie fund for football. In the normal way of things I have a spending limit on each and when they are done, they are done, but right now my disposable income isn't getting touched.

That means that we've been looking for creative solutions for getting deliveries while we're self isolating. Found a baker today who delivers a basket of bread and pastry based treats, my local is delivering beer and our butcher is delivering meat. All of these are trying to recoup lost wholesale trade from restaurants or keep going until lockdown is lifted.

I'm happy to support them with my normal budgeting being diverted, indeed I want to support them, but this is killing the waistline, and not in a good way. Of course, if I end up redundant or furloughed I'll be eking out beans on toast and trying to get to Aldi before the queues instead.

Last edited:

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Only 2lbs up considering I’ve been on essentially a three week Buffet.

Have been weight training everyday though

The spin bike is getting dusted off after Easter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Opposite losing weight I’m eating more fresh veg and fruit, home cooked meals, cutting down on rubbish like biscuits and chocolate and takeaways. Also supporting local greengrocers and butchers for deliveries. More or less cut out bread, which I think is healthier.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Getting fatter by the minute. I don't drink on school nights, but seeing as the schools are closed......
At least I'm thinking of exercising now, that's the hardest part, right?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here