Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] A23 Easter Weekend

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Following on from the holiday homes thread, what sort of temptation is Brighton going to be when the sun is out at the weekend?

The Easter A23 is particularly packed southbound even when the weather is iffy. Given that the city is currently keeping confirmed cases below 200 and the RSCH is coping, it'd be interesting to know what the council/Sussex Police have in mind to deter visitors from the London-Brighton corridor. Even the local populace will have to show even greater constraint from heading en-masse to the beach or downs.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Snipers on bridges with ANPR to detect anybody with a car registered outside of Sussex?

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
The old bill were pulling people over into the lay-by by the Shell garage as you go onto Shoreham beach a couple of weekends ago. probably do the same again this weekend m

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Personally wouldn't dream of going into Brighton on any Bank Holiday.

Under normal circumstances there are loads of things to do locally, under current circumstances will chill in my garden with a Beer or two.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm sorry for your family's loss.

Was on my way to France the day after the French lockdown, decided I should probably stay here, could be for a while as I think they are about to extend the lockdown :shrug:

They don’t feck around either, the police are all carrying guns in their enforcement.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park

Under normal circumstances there are loads of things to do locally, under current circumstances will chill in my garden with a Beer or two.

Born and bred inside the pylons so completely understand your sentiment. Think most Brightonians know where to go to avoid the influx from outside the county/London at bank holidays and summer weekends. It's just that we are not dealing with normal times. With pubs/clubs and cafes being shut perhaps that'll be another deterrent to the main one of Stay Where The **** You Are (however uncomfortable that may be).

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Will just be the drug dealers on the A23, railway and mopeds. Easy pickings for the Police.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
There's always one

[tweet]1248280071892328448[/tweet]

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

The problem Brighton has is with all the different London-Brighton events, the cycle ride, the Mini Rally, the veteran car event or the bikers or the Mods...basically everyone piles down to the seafront to just look at each other then go home, carnage.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Was on my way to France the day after the French lockdown, decided I should probably stay here, could be for a while as I think they are about to extend the lockdown :shrug:

They don’t feck around either, the police are all carrying guns in their enforcement.

As do the Douanes , they like their shooters too.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I suspect that Brighton police won’t go to the lengths that Bowness police did - they went round and inspected all B&Bs to track down people looking to spend the bank holiday on the Lakes. Good on ‘em.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here