Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Twitter and Square CEO Jack Dorsey giving £1bn to fight Coronavirus...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
...in a very transparent way.

Jack Dorsey, CEO of both Twitter and Square, announced on Tuesday that he'll be giving that kind of money to fight Covid-19. And he's structuring the gift in a very ususual away.

It comes in the form of almost $1 billion in Square stock (worth $997.8 million), which Dorsey says amounts to about 28 percent of his personal wealth, and which Dorsey says he'll transfer to a private company to handle the disbursements.

Most notably, every step along the way will apparently be detailed in a publicly available Google spreadsheet.

Dorsey made the announcement (where else?) in a Twitter thread, promising to "mov[e] $1B of my Square equity (~28% of my wealth) to #startsmall LLC to fund global COVID-19 relief."​

All of the money spent will be tracked in this publicly-accessible spreadsheet >>> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-eGxq2mMoEGwgSpNVL5j2sa6ToojZUZ-Zun8h2oBAR4/htmlview#

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I’d never heard of Square until I just Google it. Is it very popular?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I’d never heard of Square until I just Google it. Is it very popular?

Very much so.

They started out with a small (square) dongle that would plug into phones and tablets and allow people to take card payments very easily, but have expanded into all manner of payment processing solutions now.

Dorsey has the Midas touch. And is annoyingly good-looking too.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Very much so.

They started out with a small (square) dongle that would plug into phones and tablets and allow people to take card payments very easily, but have expanded into all manner of payment processing solutions now.

Dorsey has the Midas touch. And is annoyingly good-looking too.

Ah, when I Googled I saw the word payments so I was thinking along the lines of an alternative to PayPal. But now I’ve seen a photo of one I now understand and yes they’re everywhere. I have been used them for ages and never knew they were his invention.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Attachments

• E83E63FC-EFED-40C2-89C4-29F2D7D8AFA3.jpeg
    E83E63FC-EFED-40C2-89C4-29F2D7D8AFA3.jpeg
    60.4 KB · Views: 51

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here