Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] NSC Football Quiz League

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'm sure we are all missing looking at league table, so let's create one of our own.

I'm happy to do the leg work here as long as folk commit to playing as it will take some of the ample time I have at present..

The structure:

Those who want to play declare their interest here and I form a league

Process:

I will publish five football questions for each round. Each player sends their answers to me privately. This is based on TRUST that folk will NOT look any answers up. If you cheat it is not fair on others.

The questions are the same for everyone. However, you will be playing individual games against each other.

One goal for each question. Winner of that match gets three points. A draw is one point. Points scored are goal difference.

Everyone will play each other twice.

Maximum 14 rounds, so 8 in each league.

Top three in each league go into a play off league to decide the NSC Football Quiz king or queen.

If you want to play put your name on here. But ONLY if you promise you can get answers to me in reasonably quick time (as in 24 hours)

The league should then last a couple of weeks. It's good fun and will run smoothly if those who want to take part are happy to help the process by checking this thread regularly.

Put your names below.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Count me in. As long as I have 24 hrs to reply, I'm ALWAYS on here at some point during the day or evening, so it'll be the first thing I do.

Lindfield23

Dec 14, 2016
Count me in:clap2:

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
count me in

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
What happened to Football Quiz Tag?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Sounds like a plan, count me in.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
What happened to Football Quiz Tag?

It can still continue if folk are playing it. That's more the casual's thing now !

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
It can still continue if folk are playing it. That's more the casual's thing now !

I better dig out my Pringle jumper from the 80s then...

We are still waiting Hans Kraay Fan Club to come up with a question. Why don't you kick start it again?

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
All entrants assigned

The league has twelve players.

Slight change. Each player will play the other ONCE. The final top 4 will go through to the play-offs (more on that soon)

There is a PRIZE for the winner

First round of matches. Answers by tomorrow evening. PM answers to me

[MENTION=27836]Barham's tash[/MENTION] v [MENTION=12422]Taybha[/MENTION] . [MENTION=34973]Lindfield23[/MENTION] v [MENTION=4417]The Complete Badger[/MENTION] [MENTION=9822]KZNSeagull[/MENTION] v [MENTION=37904]stewart12[/MENTION] [MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION] v [MENTION=22929]Grombleton[/MENTION] [MENTION=17941]Amex[/MENTION] Ruislip v [MENTION=4675]Frutos[/MENTION] [MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION] v [MENTION=12847]jessiejames[/MENTION]

The 1st round of questions are Albion related

1) Albion were promoted from the third division in 1976/77. Who else was promoted with them ?
2) Who did Albion beat to record their first ever win in the top flight ?
3) Alan Mullery took over Albion for the start of the 1986 season. Who was the first match against ?
4) Barry Lloyd left Brighton after a defeat at Port Vale in November 1993. What was the score ?
5) What position did Albion finish at in the first division in 1982 to record their best ever season ?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Good luck everyone...except [MENTION=28934]AmexRuislip[/MENTION], obviously. :wink:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
[MENTION=22929]Grombleton[/MENTION] you're laughing chap. I reckon I got 1 out of 5 that first round - I'm a JCL who didn't start watching BHA till 87-88, so most of my answers have been wild STABS

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here