Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Is Football getting fair treatment?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
In music and entertainment you can be average and make it much more easily (family connections etc). You can also dine out on a much longer time period (royalties).

Really? I’m not convinced the rewards are as great in music. And nepotism can play a part in football as well.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I get your point. But what separates footballers from these other professions, in my view, is that football has huge sums sloshing around everywhere in the top flight. Even very average footballers, those knocking around in reserve teams or on the fringes of squads and youngsters with nothing but potential, earn life changing amounts. That doesn’t seem to be the case with acting or pop stars or F1. It makes the sport an easy target.

One Direction, I rest my case :smile:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
A bit of both. There is a real resentment of the money footballers earn in a way that doesn't seem to apply to entertainers or bankers etc. This is very much media driven and possibly class driven too? That said when you pay a couple of brasses to come round your house for a quick go don't be surprised if their first thought is to sell the story to the papers.....:ffsparr:

Some players are so painfully stupid they really deserve the stick they get.

Most entertainers and celebrities are earning bugger all right now. An acquaintance who runs an agency in London, who handles some well known names, has laid off/furloughed their staff as there is no work available. Banks and big business will not be paying full wages to big earners who are not productive at the moment, they will have been furloughed.

Can anyone see the difference in regard to footballers yet?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here