Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Mr Kipling

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Tried Mr Kiplings cakes twice in my life , once about 10 years ago and again about a couple of years ago. Twice is enough for me, both times I felt they tasted disgusting just like eating sugar covered in lard . Presumably that’s why they can make them so cheap.

bha100

Aug 25, 2011
Tried Mr Kiplings cakes twice in my life , once about 10 years ago and again about a couple of years ago. Twice is enough for me, both times I felt they tasted disgusting just like eating sugar covered in lard . Presumably that’s why they can make them so cheap.

Don't think it's cheap ingredients, maybe technology that enables them to be produced fairly cheap, take a look, you'll love how they make the battenberg

https://www.my5.tv/secrets-of-the-factories/season-1/secrets-of-the-factories

Soylent Blue

Banned
Mar 13, 2019
Does anyone remember Kipling doing Treacle tarts and individual apple and blackcurrent pies? They were the best but dont see them anymore.

bha100

Aug 25, 2011
Does anyone remember Kipling doing Treacle tarts and individual apple and blackcurrent pies? They were the best but dont see them anymore.

Yum :thumbsup:

Attachments

• tart.JPG
    tart.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 45

bha100

Aug 25, 2011
Definitely, but one the size of a small dustbin lid such as made by a decent local baker (fortunately one in the town), not that pathetic apology.

I did once try what you suggested, that bakery up Ditchling road, just past five ways, nope don't do them, although the rock cakes were delish.

I has a saucer size cherry bakewell from the bakery from hangleton, the icing was rock hard and the pastry just crumbled when trying to eat it, not for me.

If you can recommend one to try i will when things get opening again

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
I’ve got a few Kipling handbags:smile:

Offside Oz

Apr 30, 2016
On the subject of shrinkflation, why are the bags of crisps/snacks in multi-bags soooo small? I guess I already know the answer but it’s just annoying.

Mini cheddar bags are the most annoying.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
On the subject of shrinkflation, why are the bags of crisps/snacks in multi-bags soooo small? I guess I already know the answer but it’s just annoying.

Mini cheddar bags are the most annoying.

Highly price promoted, some multi packs are 99p, the manufacturer reduces the pack size to make some money.

Oh, and French Fancies are my favourite Mr Kipling cakes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here