Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Would you rather?..........

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
My 15 year old daughter asked me to watch a film with her last night after a group chat with friends suggested the movie.
Based on the game would you rather I had no real idea what it was about apart from a very annoying thing that mostly kids do.
The upshot is that you have to be some sort of sicko to have even come up with the idea, let alone write it.
But it was strangely compelling and made me want to see it to the end, albeit from behind a cushion.
I was very close to switching it off as it got very close to something I did not want her to see.
So, if you are not going out tonight or over the next couple of nights and you have Netflix, I would love to know what you lot thought of it.
It's truly bizarre and quite probably the worst film I have ever seen.
Try and make it to the end, if you can.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
My 15 year old daughter asked me to watch a film with her last night after a group chat with friends suggested the movie.
Based on the game would you rather I had no real idea what it was about apart from a very annoying thing that mostly kids do.
The upshot is that you have to be some sort of sicko to have even come up with the idea, let alone write it.
But it was strangely compelling and made me want to see it to the end, albeit from behind a cushion.
I was very close to switching it off as it got very close to something I did not want her to see.
So, if you are not going out tonight or over the next couple of nights and you have Netflix, I would love to know what you lot thought of it.

My apologies, if someone wants to put this on the Netflix thread, I forgot about it.
I have had a very quick look through the thread and can't see the above film on there, and frankly I'm not surprised.

phoenix

May 18, 2009

Just read second post. So no idea of title?
What was the movie called?

She is 15, she will watch whatever she wants. Sorry to say.

I embrace what my 15 yr old daughter wants to do. we have a monday evening movie together. She says "thanks Dad".
She trusts me enough to tell me things (it frightens the crap out of me sometimes) But we even did Brighton pride together, it was fun but i was totally knackered.
But her friends think im ok for understanding. I'm not cool but i do know if you go with them you wont alienate yourself.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Just read second post. So no idea of title?
What was the movie called?

She is 15, she will watch whatever she wants. Sorry to say.

I embrace what my 15 yr old daughter wants to do. we have a monday evening movie together. She says "thanks Dad".
She trusts me enough to tell me things (it frightens the crap out of me sometimes) But we even did Brighton pride together, it was fun but i was totally knackered.
But her friends think im ok for understanding. I'm not cool but i do know if you go with them you wont alienate yourself.

It's called Would You Rather.
But please be careful if you are watching it with a kid under 16, I was very close to switching it off about half way through.
What's baffling me is how anybody actually came up with the idea.
I think it's worse than Boxing Helena, which was bad enough.
Maybe I'm being a pansy, but I would be interested to see what others think of it.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
But please be careful if you are watching it with a kid under 16, I was very close to switching it off about half way through.
Maybe I'm being a pansy, but I would be interested to see what others think of it.

Just had a look on Wikipedia, sounds like another version of Saw, gorefest of horror, I would not go near it.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I love horror films, I always have since I was a kid.

It is possibly the most prolific genre. There is so, so much of it, but yet most of it is absolute shite.
I still think the curious should watch the movie though, even for its awful acting.
"Would You Rather" isn't one of the worst ones by a long shot. It is a 5/10 horror film compared with the rest of the genre, in terms of quality.

In terms of its shock factor, compared to others, it is still a fairly tame film. Most kids above 13 would be fine with it. I think perhaps you are being a bit of a pansy here :smile:

Ok, I like horror movies but a bit old school, so I have not watched many more modern films.
I had a suspicion that I was being a bit soft, but as I have said it's a poor film, the lead actor is probably the worst baddie ever, at the end I was laughing at it.
I only watched Boxing Helena out of curiosity because I was told it was so bad.
I still think the curious should watch it though, even if it's only for its awful acting and what's going to happen next suspense.

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
I watched it ages ago and from memory it's no worse than than any other slasher/gorefest such as the Saw franchise or the Final Destination films for example. Well it is in the respect it's obviously fairly budget but the idea is no worse.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Saw, Slasher, Gorefest are people saying that there is a genre within a genre of horror movies with these titles?
As I said earlier, I'm old school horror, I never knew.

phoenix

May 18, 2009

Thanks

Ha I guessed it was but then i thought it was a question.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here