Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Members
    Withdean. Just behind the theatre of trees.

5 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hark, Preston Park View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The downright decency of the vast majority of ordinary folks you encounter in these most extraordinary of times sets me off far more times than I care to usually admit. These are a good people
    This. Even when Boris Johnson has gone to intensive care, I rarely saw any hostility towards him apart from a unity for our PM to get better. I don't agree with most of what he does, but I've found myself uniting with those who do, more than I ever would.

It really is true that in the worst of times, the best comes out in people. It brings me a sense of pride for our Nation.

As it pains me to say it, this crisis has come at the best time, when we needed uniting more than ever, not just here in Great Britain, but with Europe, the USA etc.
    Last edited by NorthstandRacoon; 07-04-2020 at 11:39.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Harry Wilson's Tackle Harry Wilson's tackle's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by A1X View Post
      On a slight tangent as well as the blubbery wreck side, I've also found myself getting irritated by people and things a lot more in the last couple of weeks. I'm still working and while a lot of the people I deal with are idiots their entire lives their being idiots in the last couple of weeks has really, really wound me up a lot more than it should. I think it's because I have so little else going on now other than work.
      Fortunately that's not happened to me. Mind you, when you are already at the top of the 'dose-response curve' . . . . .
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Q93v7hGZA
      It's only them that aren't their targets that love the violent and the madmen
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MLijS6Cstk

1 Not allowed!
      Just people talking about "how much fun it is" baking, playing and generalling lolling about when some of us are up to our ears fighting for the very life of our businesses and other people's jobs and livelihoods!

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bold Seagull View Post
      My 15 year old daughter's pet name for me is Baldy. Or 'fat baldy'. Or 'fat baldy idiot'. Heart warming stuff.
      You got her to talk to you?! Way to go man!
      Sent from my Omsung A5 Phine.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bold Seagull View Post
      My 15 year old daughter's pet name for me is Baldy. Or 'fat baldy'. Or 'fat baldy idiot'. Heart warming stuff.
      Would it be appropriate for us to use those terms?
      Thank you Chris, you're a legend.

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by NorthstandRacoon View Post
      This. Even when Boris Johnson has gone to intensive care, I rarely saw any hostility towards him apart from a unity for our PM to get better. I don't agree with most of what he does, but I've found myself uniting with those who do, more than I ever would.

It really is true that in the worst of times, the best comes out in people. It brings me a sense of pride for our Nation.

As it pains me to say it, this crisis has come at the best time, when we needed uniting more than ever, not just here in Great Britain, but with Europe, the USA etc.
      Yes, I think our dear old Queen was getting at that. She normally gets it about right. God help us when she’s gone.

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by NorthstandRacoon View Post

Good post. I really feel like people are coming together to help each other get through this. I'm trying to concentrate on all the good news stories coming out of this.

As for me, I found myself feeling quite upset earlier. I live alone, and I was out on my daily run this morning and the thought suddenly popped into my head "I'd really love a hug". I've never really been one for displays of emotion and physical contact but what I wouldn't give for a hug right now.
      People like Coldplay and voted for the Nazis. You can't trust people.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
      Good post. I really feel like people are coming together to help each other get through this. I'm trying to concentrate on all the good news stories coming out of this.

As for me, I found myself feeling quite upset earlier. I live alone, and I was out on my daily run this morning and the thought suddenly popped into my head "I'd really love a hug". I've never really been one for displays of emotion and physical contact but what I wouldn't give for a hug right now.
      Not quite a hug but I've noticed while out walking the dog, more people seem to be saying good morning / good evening etc as you go past on the other side of the road than usual. I guess for many it makes a change to speak to someone - however briefly.
      She’s the main man in the office in the city
      And she treats me like I’m just another lackey
      But I can put a tennis racket up against my face
      And pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki
      Boy I'm HOT today !

0 Not allowed!
      Jeez, cannot wait for the Schools to re-open. Stroppy teenagers who cannot even walk the dog for us for 20 mins without an argument.

Me:...Morning *******

Daughter:........get out my room !!

rant:

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Ding Dong ! View Post
      Jeez, cannot wait for the Schools to re-open. Stroppy teenagers who cannot even walk the dog for us for 20 mins without an argument.

Me:...Morning *******

Daughter:........get out my room !!

rant:
      I've spoken to a couple of school heads and they are not expecting to reopen before the new school year. You could be in for a long summer...
      She’s the main man in the office in the city
      And she treats me like I’m just another lackey
      But I can put a tennis racket up against my face
      And pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki