Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Much setting you off at the minute?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Emotional times, of course, but this morning my 2 and a half year old came to me and held me, saying i love you Mr Todd, patting my sorry head. He started calling me the always hungry, inept-but-fiendish fox from Peter Rabbit yesterday, whilst also pulling out my chest hair to feed to spiders for them to use in their webbing, but i held him tight and blubbered. I may have done anyway, but by jingo i needed that embrace, even if it was only for me in verminous character.
:)

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
My 15 year old daughter's pet name for me is Baldy. Or 'fat baldy'. Or 'fat baldy idiot'. Heart warming stuff. :cool:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
For evidence that my composure has dropped to Italian waiter levels, I had to remove a spec of something from my eye when I read that [MENTION=30242]spence[/MENTION] had been taken to hospital. I send my unequivocal best wishes.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The downright decency of the vast majority of ordinary folks you encounter in these most extraordinary of times sets me off far more times than I care to usually admit. These are a good people :clap2:

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
I had a very civil breakfast enjoying the fantastic sunrise with my 16 year old yesterday - just me and him - well it was breakfast for me - a bedtime snack for him after a PS4 all-nighter.

'Irresponsible parenting!' I hear you cry - Nah not really - means he doesn't surface til after 3pm so i don't have to worry about him and his brother fighting for a big chunk of the day.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
On a slight tangent as well as the blubbery wreck side, I've also found myself getting irritated by people and things a lot more in the last couple of weeks. I'm still working and while a lot of the people I deal with are idiots their entire lives their being idiots in the last couple of weeks has really, really wound me up a lot more than it should. I think it's because I have so little else going on now other than work.

The downright decency of the vast majority of ordinary folks you encounter in these most extraordinary of times sets me off far more times than I care to usually admit. These are a good people :clap2:

This. Even when Boris Johnson has gone to intensive care, I rarely saw any hostility towards him apart from a unity for our PM to get better. I don't agree with most of what he does, but I've found myself uniting with those who do, more than I ever would.

It really is true that in the worst of times, the best comes out in people. It brings me a sense of pride for our Nation.

As it pains me to say it, this crisis has come at the best time, when we needed uniting more than ever, not just here in Great Britain, but with Europe, the USA etc.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
On a slight tangent as well as the blubbery wreck side, I've also found myself getting irritated by people and things a lot more in the last couple of weeks. I'm still working and while a lot of the people I deal with are idiots their entire lives their being idiots in the last couple of weeks has really, really wound me up a lot more than it should. I think it's because I have so little else going on now other than work.

Fortunately that's not happened to me. Mind you, when you are already at the top of the 'dose-response curve' . . . . .:wink:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Just people talking about "how much fun it is" baking, playing and generalling lolling about when some of us are up to our ears fighting for the very life of our businesses and other people's jobs and livelihoods!

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
This. Even when Boris Johnson has gone to intensive care, I rarely saw any hostility towards him apart from a unity for our PM to get better. I don't agree with most of what he does, but I've found myself uniting with those who do, more than I ever would.

It really is true that in the worst of times, the best comes out in people. It brings me a sense of pride for our Nation.

As it pains me to say it, this crisis has come at the best time, when we needed uniting more than ever, not just here in Great Britain, but with Europe, the USA etc.

Yes, I think our dear old Queen was getting at that. She normally gets it about right. God help us when she’s gone.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto

Good post. I really feel like people are coming together to help each other get through this. I'm trying to concentrate on all the good news stories coming out of this.

As for me, I found myself feeling quite upset earlier. I live alone, and I was out on my daily run this morning and the thought suddenly popped into my head "I'd really love a hug". I've never really been one for displays of emotion and physical contact but what I wouldn't give for a hug right now.

Jul 7, 2003
Good post. I really feel like people are coming together to help each other get through this. I'm trying to concentrate on all the good news stories coming out of this.

As for me, I found myself feeling quite upset earlier. I live alone, and I was out on my daily run this morning and the thought suddenly popped into my head "I'd really love a hug". I've never really been one for displays of emotion and physical contact but what I wouldn't give for a hug right now.

Not quite a hug but I've noticed while out walking the dog, more people seem to be saying good morning / good evening etc as you go past on the other side of the road than usual. I guess for many it makes a change to speak to someone - however briefly.

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
Jeez, cannot wait for the Schools to re-open. Stroppy teenagers who cannot even walk the dog for us for 20 mins without an argument.

Me:...Morning *******

Daughter:........get out my room !!

rant:

Jul 7, 2003
Jeez, cannot wait for the Schools to re-open. Stroppy teenagers who cannot even walk the dog for us for 20 mins without an argument.

Me:...Morning *******

Daughter:........get out my room !!

rant:

I've spoken to a couple of school heads and they are not expecting to reopen before the new school year. You could be in for a long summer...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here