Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Much setting you off at the minute?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Not quite a hug but I've noticed while out walking the dog, more people seem to be saying good morning / good evening etc as you go past on the other side of the road than usual. I guess for many it makes a change to speak to someone - however briefly.

Tis true.
I remember going to All Tomorrows Parties probably around 10 years ago, in Camber Sands, and on a morning addled jog found general people just saying hello or good morning. I found this most odd, but could see how as a fashion it might have its benefits. This morning, at about 7ish, in London, someone said mornin', and i didn't automatically flee or wonder what they wanted from me, so maybe there is at least a temporary sense of change to matters. Maybe we feel inadvertently safer, though, by the fact it is now illegal to come too close. Whatever the real cause, i'm for it.

Good post. I really feel like people are coming together to help each other get through this. I'm trying to concentrate on all the good news stories coming out of this.

As for me, I found myself feeling quite upset earlier. I live alone, and I was out on my daily run this morning and the thought suddenly popped into my head "I'd really love a hug". I've never really been one for displays of emotion and physical contact but what I wouldn't give for a hug right now.

Stay positive...it'll get better. Good idea to concentrate on the good news. A hug will come your way once this is over.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here