Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 3 years ago today

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
QPR Away, What a night! That was the night I new we would be going up.

WE’RE ON OUR WAYYYYYYY WE’RE ON OUR WAY...

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Was this the match we all ran back to our own half and the ref could've restarted but for Oli Norwood(?) staying in their half and pretending to do up his laces to stop that happening?

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
One of the best nights. A Friday night, early finish from work, beers in the sun on the South Bank and then absolute limbs in the away end.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

Ha, I wasn't there. I was on a rare weekend away with Mrs G. We had a lovely meal together although she did moan that I was looking at my phone at regular intervals throughout the evening - Mrs G wasn't entirely happy,

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I was in Edinburgh at my nieces wedding, watched the game in hotel room......

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I watched it on tv, and went into the garden for the last five minutes as QPR were peppering our goal. I felt sure they were going to snatch a point,
That free kick from Pocognoli, though!

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Was this the match we all ran back to our own half and the ref could've restarted but for Oli Norwood(?) staying in their half and pretending to do up his laces to stop that happening?

No because both scored in front of the away fans. Remember a whole pile of players on the floor and Knocky looking up with a huge grin.
You're thinking of Birmingham. Murray ran the length of the pitch back to the fans.

Albion_Dave

Jul 4, 2011
Eastbourne
Absolutely just found the pictures, absoute shin busters. That QPR away end is dangerously small as well.

At least it was the top corner and could actually see it from the top tier.

Missed the Stephens goal completely the year before(?) due to it being along the floor.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I think looking back this did turn out to be the night we secured it as nobody bar Newcastle matched our points tally after this result. Wasn't there but the pub I was in watching went absolutely MENTAL at that free kick.

Jimmy Grimble

One of the best nights. A Friday night, early finish from work, beers in the sun on the South Bank and then absolute limbs in the away end.

Yep one of the best.

In fact I’d say it’s the best pre match with be ever had.

That pub that was suited out in all the Albion gear with highlights of old matches on all the tv screens? What a blinder.

There used to be a video of Pocognoli’s free kick from the home end but I can’t find it now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here