Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Jogging idiots disengaging their brains!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
You are a moderator..instead of sarky comments, merge them all FFS

If you think I'm spending my evening choosing between the Social Distancing thread, Official Running thread, Exercise thread and Coronavirus c*** thread because someone wants five minutes of look at me attention you've got another thing coming.

The point was there are literally FOUR other threads where this would have fitted, but none of which are the same as each other :facepalm:

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
A good old throat chop as they come up close to you would suffice. Leaving the jogger flat on his back struggling to breathe, you can then say, "that's what the virus will do to you if you go too near people and catch it".

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
If you think I'm spending my evening choosing between the Social Distancing thread, Official Running thread, Exercise thread and Coronavirus c*** thread because someone wants five minutes of look at me attention you've got another thing coming.

:

You're a moderator with that attitude! I'm many things but not an attention seeker

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
People on their self-righteous high horse. How did these folk establish their moral superiority when we didn't have video cameras ?

My method was mainly through the mediums of speech and the written word. And to be fair, this serves me just as well even in the video age.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Tend to go really early in the morning so I don’t get in anyone’s way

Saying that - the times I’ve gone during the day people out walking are equally dumb walking in a line together (in the park) taking up the whole pavement so runners/bikes etc can’t get by.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
My method was mainly through the mediums of speech and the written word. And to be fair, this serves me just as well even in the video age.

Same here. I'm pretty much guided by the theory that people f**k up. I'm not sure that someone who, in a brief loss of awareness, rubs there eyes and holds on to a bus handle deserves death by four million angry emojis.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
You're a moderator with that attitude! I'm many things but not an attention seeker

You must be really shaken? But well done on your heroic jump to the grass verge which scuppered this evil lycra fiend.

Do you still think you can catch aids from a toilet seat by the way?

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
You must be really shaken? But well done on your heroic jump to the grass verge which scuppered this evil lycra fiend.

Do you still think you can catch aids from a toilet seat by the way?

Yeah whatever!

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
My view is pretty simple. If the space is there then use it.
Why wouldn't you?

Obviously when you have to go shopping you will end up being closer to people than almost any other time. So go to the shops as little as possible, and be as sensible as you can when there.

If you can reduce a small risk to a tiny risk, by any actions at any time, why not do it? Step aside, move into space, pause for a moment to give people space.

Ultimately the success or failure of the strategy is down to the accumulation of millions and millions of individual daily decisions. Of course one individual decision to pass close to someone will make no real difference. But millions of us all deciding that we won't make the effort might.

I was out on the bike a few days ago and some old chap came past me. Puffing like a steam engine. Passed with just a couple of feet to spare, despite an empy road and the pulled in, right in front, ensuring that i got the full flow of whatever he was breathing out. I was thoroughly pissed off. Not really because I think it was a very high risk, but because it was entirely unnecessary.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
As a runner I’m in two minds. On the one hand, the runner should’ve at least been courteous, saying excuse me and thank you. On the other hand though, the OP was in no real danger and if you’ve walked in to a runners line, it takes far less energy for you to move aside than it would for him (the runner). At the end of the day the issue here is the lack of common courtesy, not the risk of infection.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Tend to go really early in the morning so I don’t get in anyone’s way

Saying that - the times I’ve gone during the day people out walking are equally dumb walking in a line together (in the park) taking up the whole pavement so runners/bikes etc can’t get by.

I had this today on the Downs on the trail between Cisssbury Ring and Chanctonbury Ring, with a family (presumably) of four stretched right across the trail. They were going the same way as me, so couldn't see me coming.

As I approached I gave a "beep beep" (I was mulling what to say to catch their attention, and this was the best I could come up with). They turned and it all became a bit Runaround as they quickly tried to stand aside, but chose different sides. I slowed whilst this played out, they came to a consensus, and I passed with a cheery "thanks!"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here