Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Number of Deaths

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Very fair point - and sorry to hear about what sounds like a very rough couple of years in your family

It was rough and depressing but not unexpected.
I feel truly sorry for all those that have loved ones in the at risk group. My parents dying was the natural order of things, whereas now certainly isn’t.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Their views sicken me, as does the power they now have in The States, Hungary and Russia, so I make a point of never coming across their bile. That’s includes :wanker:’s Fox News.

And yet another thread gets hijacked by political bullshit. :glare:

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I was amazed to read that in average year 51,000 people would die in the UK in March...

I would also like to know how many of the current stated deaths were “caused” by Covid-19 and not just it being evident.

I would also like to know what “underlying conditions” actually have contributed to the current deaths...

Not just morbid interest...

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
I was amazed to read that in average year 51,000 people would die in the UK in March...

I would also like to know how many of the current stated deaths were “caused” by Covid-19 and not just it being evident.

I would also like to know what “underlying conditions” actually have contributed to the current deaths...

Not just morbid interest...

And presumably with our population increasing 52,000 being born.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Well you could look up the numbers and work it out. Or just try and cause more hysteria by posting on here like you did.

What are you talking about? I am saying it MAY not be as bad as people perceive and you ALWAYS have natural deaths which COULD be higher at this time of year. FFS, have a word with yourself.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
And by no means a pop at OP as was a very polite question but just as an FYI in case you are unaware, that the 'difference between dying OF corona and WITH corona' is a narrative being pushed very heavily by extreme right wing media and Russian bots online, in support of Trump and his government to try and downplay the number of deaths occurring on his watch. Just in case you were not aware

Fair point, that part of the question came from a radio interview with a senior medic who distinguished between the two because of the often used phrase, with underlying medical issues. In her words, the patient was likely to succumb to some additional ailment due to the current medical condition.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Fair point, that part of the question came from a radio interview with a senior medic who distinguished between the two because of the often used phrase, with underlying medical issues. In her words, the patient was likely to succumb to some additional ailment due to the current medical condition.

Agree. I know from my previous life as an intelligence analyst how important it is to get your data set right from the very outset - the government have failed big time on this and aren't able to give meaningful data on death or survival rates - and know I'm not Russian!!!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
1600 people die every day on average in the uk. I heard every death is put down as covid 19 in hospital at the moment

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Agree. I know from my previous life as an intelligence analyst how important it is to get your data set right from the very outset - the government have failed big time on this and aren't able to give meaningful data on death or survival rates - and know I'm not Russian!!!

Just wonder why we need to politicise this, the way in which we gather data was probably set by previous Governments, or not, it matters not, we're in a crisis during which we just need to focus on protecting people and savings lives, surely?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I suspect the source you heard that from is wrong as it makes no sense.

They state the deceased tested positive for covid 19. Eddie Large stated to have died from covid 19 when 2 weeks before he was admitted to hospital with heart failure. Just one example

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Just wonder why we need to politicise this, the way in which we gather data was probably set by previous Governments, or not, it matters not, we're in a crisis during which we just need to focus on protecting people and savings lives, surely?

Woah there, hold your horses, I haven't politicised this at all. It's the government who are controlling the situation , therefore it is the government who have failed to collect the right data.

I would be saying the same thing whatever colour tie the PM was wearing.

Knowledge is power, they have failed to provide the right knowledge to those making the most important decisions of all of our lives.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I suspect the source you heard that from is wrong as it makes no sense.

Let me clarify, every death if the person tested positive for covid 19 is being put down to covid 19 as the cause, obviously not someone that was shot or anything

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here