Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Honor Blackman RIP

arewethereyet?

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I was very fortunate to meet her in the early naughties, she really was the most wonderful and beautiful lady to have met. It was one that I will not forget, Condolences to her family. RIP dear Honor.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
94 I shout. Seems she has been with us for ever. I guess she is someone, bracketed with actresses from the same era, who will always be 'over 55'.
Sad parting. RIP

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
The first peak era.

I'm a huge fan of Goldfinger as I am Daniel Craig's Bond.

I'm fairness though I'm just a huge Bond fan anyway.
I watched Dr No last week, thoroughly enjoyable stuff.

I’d agree with every bit of that. Early Craig Bond brought the series back to life.
To be fair, there’s enjoyment to be had in all the eras.
I love Live and Let Die and would happily watch Dalton Bond.
Brosnan Bond is my least favourite, but they’re still watchable.
The Connery Bonds are untouchable though, imho.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Call me Mr Politically Correct but I'm doubtful that a character called Pussy Galore would feature in today's Bond movies. But goodness me, she was a piece of work - the looks, the voice and a very good actress. Must be one of the top 'Bond girls' of all time.

I was trying to write much the same, but tying myself up in knots.

It's a scene that is 'troubling', but oh my at a base level, it's still a scene!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I was very fortunate to meet her in the early naughties, she really was the most wonderful and beautiful lady to have met. It was one that I will not forget, Condolences to her family. RIP dear Honor.

It's lovely to hear that said about her, too often stars or heroes can let you down. RIP Honor, a great innings !

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

I met her once on a train to London...well actually I got up the courage and bowled up to her...there was. Seat next to her and she asked me to sit down after I was speaking to her whilst standing...she was a gracious lovely lady and was very happy to talk about her career.

I

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I was trying to write much the same, but tying myself up in knots.

It's a scene that is 'troubling', but oh my at a base level, it's still a scene!

I understood your point.

If only you were to post more frequently more people might have the opportunity to acquire a better insight into where you are coming from, and not feel compelled to rush to jump down your throat :shrug:

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Classy lady and a fine actress. Saw one of her last films, Cockneys vs Zombies. I thought it was a good spoof on the zombie films and you could see she was having a blast playing against type

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
She died in Lewes of natural causes surrounded by her family. ‘One of us’.

Indeed. If I am allowed to do a bit of name dropping, my father spoke to her during the 1970s, when he was Deputy Head of a Prep School in Putney, and she was calling to enquire about possibly sending her son there. He picked up the phone and she said "Honor Blackman here". He was suitably starstruck, and she remained a favourite of his for the rest of his life. He was delighted when she came to East Grinstead to do a one person evening, and he then saw her in a production called "Last of the Blonde Bombshells". I've no idea, however, whether she sent her son to his school.

Less auspiciously, he once managed to lose Sean Pertwee. He had asked to be able to go with his mates rather than going straight home after school. Dad said yes, and off he went with his mates. He later got a very irate phone call from John Pertwee, demanding to know where his son was.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Indeed. If I am allowed to do a bit of name dropping, my father spoke to her during the 1970s, when he was Deputy Head of a Prep School in Putney, and she was calling to enquire about possibly sending her son there. He picked up the phone and she said "Honor Blackman here". He was suitably starstruck, and she remained a favourite of his for the rest of his life. He was delighted when she came to East Grinstead to do a one person evening, and he then saw her in a production called "Last of the Blonde Bombshells". I've no idea, however, whether she sent her son to his school.

Less auspiciously, he once managed to lose Sean Pertwee. He had asked to be able to go with his mates rather than going straight home after school. Dad said yes, and off he went with his mates. He later got a very irate phone call from John Pertwee, demanding to know where his son was.

Cholmondley-Warner post of the week. I salute you. :thumbsup:

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
So, old lady (lovely, I met her) dies and our resident perma-presents add a few more posts to the count. give it a rest ffs!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here