Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Honor Blackman RIP

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
honorblackman.jpg

https://www.theguardian.com/film/20...james-bond-pussy-galore-avengers-dies-aged-94

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
A terrific talent and by all account a lovely lady.

Modern action heroines should watch the Avengers and Goldfinger to see how you can be a no-nonsense female character without sacrificing an ounce of your femininity.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Who cares!
Nobody - well at least nobody should anyway.

It's of it's time and was completely in keeping with the image it was representing.

I can't remember when, but I do remember once watching GF and suddenly thinking 'oh my, that's not how I remember that'.

Obviously the scene hadn't changed - time had.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Rip.

death-of-a-great-dane-flirting.png

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
That really doesn't hold up to 21st century viewing.

Not entirely sure I would put it that way. It most certainly, and quite rightly, wouldn't be made like that now but are we really going to start looking at everything that was made previously as if it would be made that way now?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Nobody - well at least nobody should anyway.

It's of it's time and was completely in keeping with the image it was representing.

I can't remember when, but I do remember once watching GF and suddenly thinking 'oh my, that's not how I remember that'.

Obviously the scene hadn't changed - time had.

agree entirely. I made the comment without watching the clip, and should have realised the "nature" of it. I hastily presumed you were just saying it was dated.

but Sean Connery has always been my favourite Bond, and always was a fan of Honor Blackman.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Peak Bond era
The first peak era.

I'm a huge fan of Goldfinger as I am Daniel Craig's Bond.

I'm fairness though I'm just a huge Bond fan anyway.
I watched Dr No last week, thoroughly enjoyable stuff.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not entirely sure I would put it that way. It most certainly, and quite rightly, wouldn't be made like that now but are we really going to start looking at everything that was made previously as if it would be made that way now?

Sadly, many already do. I think it's something to do with woke.

RIP Honor Blackman. Back when I was a teenager watching The Avengers, I never realised she was that much older than me - a good innings, madam.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
agree entirely. I made the comment without watching the clip, and should have realised the "nature" of it. I hastily presumed you were just saying it was dated.

but Sean Connery has always been my favourite Bond, and always was a fan of Honor Blackman.
No worries, as said 'of it's time', nothing more.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Call me Mr Politically Correct but I'm doubtful that a character called Pussy Galore would feature in today's Bond movies. But goodness me, she was a piece of work - the looks, the voice and a very good actress. Must be one of the top 'Bond girls' of all time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here