Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Poyet’s signings as rated by the Shoreham Herald.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bruno, who Gus signed on a free, played 225 times, club legend,is only 9/10!

Okay.
Everybody has signed Bruno on a free.

Not once, in his career, did any club put their hand in their pocket to attract St Bruno.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Radostin Kishishev..

I was waiting to post this then bamm. What a shambles of an article. Managed to get in a dubious Chris Holroyd signing which I would have assumed was in place before we signed Gus, but miss out major signings and club legends.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Some of the ratings are a bit of a joke. Even back then, the strikes we brought in weren't prolific, Ulloa being the honourable exception.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Everybody has signed Bruno on a free.

Not once, in his career, did any club put their hand in their pocket to attract St Bruno.

Which, if true :wink:, simply goes to prove that nobody in football, professional or amateur, at whatever level, has the slightest idea what they are on about :lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So you are saying that, towards the end of his career, we paid the HIGHEST fee for him that anyone ever had!? BARBER OUT!

We did pay the lowest, as well.

So it's not all bad.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
He was incredible for us and it only went wrong at the very end. Am sure a chunk of why we didn't do better against palarse those two games was down to him already being in a wobble though. Who knows what might have been and no point guessing. He stitched himself up as much as the club and while we and many of the players have gone upward since then, he's collapsed and never done as well as he did with us. Not on a Chris H level purely because of the childish ending else he'd be on same level for sure even having not taken us to Prem. He got us promoted and we were consitantly right up there in the Champ from the start. The utter calamities that followed showed how tough it was.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Did he sign anyone? I thought by then it was all down to the recruitment team.

We know for a fact that some of those players only came here because Poyet was the manager though, don’t we?

Such a shame how it all ended, hero to zero in one post match interview.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
We know for a fact that some of those players only came here because Poyet was the manager though, don’t we?

Such a shame how it all ended, hero to zero in one post match interview.

For a fact? Well, maybe a few said he was one of the reasons they joined the club, none of them had specific links to him did they? But I bet also that brand new, sold out, stadium had something to do with them signing as well.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
He was incredible for us and it only went wrong at the very end. Am sure a chunk of why we didn't do better against palarse those two games was down to him already being in a wobble though. Who knows what might have been and no point guessing. He stitched himself up as much as the club and while we and many of the players have gone upward since then, he's collapsed and never done as well as he did with us. Not on a Chris H level purely because of the childish ending else he'd be on same level for sure even having not taken us to Prem. He got us promoted and we were consitantly right up there in the Champ from the start. The utter calamities that followed showed how tough it was.

When you say calamaities, ie plural, what are you referring to? We had one really poor half season under Hyypia. Play-offs under Garcia, near miss and play-offs with Hughton before promotion.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
For a fact? Well, maybe a few said he was one of the reasons they joined the club, none of them had specific links to him did they? But I bet also that brand new, sold out, stadium had something to do with them signing as well.

Wasn't there a link with Wayne Bridge ? Same agent or something perhaps?

(Yes there is - same agency - M2NS)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Casper Ankergren was a keeper at Leeds when Poyet was assistant manager with Wise. Another signing this article has missed.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

We’ll have to agree to differ, Poyet was an absolute charismatic charmer when he chose to be and got players here that wouldn’t have even considered coming her for 99% of our managers. Bridge, Bruno Vicente and even CMS imo for example

He was adored by all and sundry here too until it went tits up. I remember being slagged off on here as needy when I suggested he was over touting himself at every opprotunity.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here