Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Non-League Clubs furloughing their contracted players.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Eastbourne Borough being one in Sussex.

Can't blame them, if its good enough for the billionaire owned Liverpool and Spurs and their non playing staff, the smaller clubs should also use the scheme.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Eastbourne Borough being one in Sussex.

Can't blame them, if its good enough for the billionaire owned Liverpool and Spurs and their non playing staff, the smaller clubs should also use the scheme.

Agree - this is appropriate use of the scheme.......hopefully helps the non-league clubs avoid going bust. ENIC and FSG unlikely to go bust of course, but still grabbing taxpayers money. ****s.

New Seagull

Sep 27, 2015
So the lower league players are being furloughed. I agree but perhaps all clubs should do this & not just the non playing staff.
Maybe the premier league players should take note. Many moaning that they are scapegoats & being forced into 30% payouts, perhaps they should be furloughed like the rest of us & non playing staff then see how they like being on £2500 a month.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So the lower league players are being furloughed. I agree but perhaps all clubs should do this & not just the non playing staff.
Maybe the premier league players should take note. Many moaning that they are scapegoats & being forced into 30% payouts, perhaps they should be furloughed like the rest of us & non playing staff then see how they like being on £2500 a month.
As explained earlier, furloughing multi-million pound assets and having them drop off the balance sheet is not an option.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Being furloughed doesn’t have to mean being limited to £2500 per month.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Eastbourne Borough. Can never understand money payed to players at this level on gates of about a 1000

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

So what you are suggesting is rather than the exchequer taking in 40% in tax from all the PL players wages, it gets NOTHING, and it then costs the exchequer £2500 per month per player. Great plan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here