Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boris in hospital

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I have absolute sympathy with you. I am a 50:50 person when it comes to credulity, and I smoked out the truth from my (trained) ability to spot deviation in syntax. I can completey understand how you, with what I understand of your processing, to assume it was a first-hand report.

But please don't beat him up anymore. He's already had a thrashing.
I'm not beating him up more, I'm defending myself from being accused of pedantry. Moi!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I don't think it's got anything to do with pedantry. When I read it, I thought it was his own account.

This.

No quotation marks, no mention of taking the post from Facebook, despite realistically understanding (considering the seriousity of the subject) that people would assume that he was writing about his own experience.

He tried to make a political point by using a sad and horrible made up story and probably would've stuck with it unless Green River Killer had mentioned it was on Facebook. Bottom low stuff.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
One things for sure, Boris and everybody else in government cannot deny the nurses and auxiliaries deserve a very big rise
I bet they ****ing can and will...
Actually I think they will agree that the nurses etc do deserve a big pay rise. Unfortunately, they'll also explain that due to the unprecedented money the government has pumped into the economy, and the recession we find ourselves in, we can't afford it.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Actually I think they will agree that the nurses etc do deserve a big pay rise. Unfortunately, they'll also explain that due to the unprecedented money the government has pumped into the economy, and the recession we find ourselves in, we can't afford it.

That’s the problem. It’s not gonna dawn on people for a long time what’s happened here. We will be lucky to afford any public services in the forms we currently know after this.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Indeed. It is a nice excuse for them to have in the back pocket to avoid it.
Yep.

So many of us seem to yearn for a more equal society, but we just can't get it.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
That’s the problem. It’s not gonna dawn on people for a long time what’s happened here. We will be lucky to afford any public services in the forms we currently know after this.

The next ten years will make the Austerity of the past ten look like the promised land. I think we can forget about most of the spending and giveaways from the budget.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
The public as a whole need to support it

Thats gonna mean people paying more tax in a massively depressed economy and millions unemployed. Not just bogeyman corporates or ‘the rich’ but most people. Not saying it can’t be done but like post world war 2 it needs consensus. Our economy is in bits.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Undoubtedly, no change there. But maybe, out of respect for the risks they have been taking, they won't cheer when they turn down the pay rise for NHS workers next time.

I wouldn't bet on it though :glare:

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Not exactly the most appropriate comment to make in the circumstances is it?

erm...i think it is

as a virus has no brain, it doesn't know the difference between a prince and a pauper,

so going to eton and oxford, and then joking with brevado about shaking hands with a lot of NHS workers, at this time is pretty much as antisocial as it gets,

do you understand how the virus moves from one human being to another? and all this as the nations leader

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
No.5 is self isolating now. Hunt finished second in the leadership race and has intelligently critiqued the government’s handling of this, perhaps they could find a way of giving the former health secretary the helm for the next month or two whilst Mr Johnson recovers?

what, the homeopath chap that tried to get the NHS to buy his companies products, him?

Last edited:

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I don't think it's got anything to do with pedantry. When I read it, I thought it was his own account.

I was being playfully facetious by alluding to your self acknowledged reputation as a pedant in an effort to lighten the mood of a thread which had needlessly descended into acrimony.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Hope he gets well soon.

As for the rest, it's the funniest thing I've read in ages. Thank you.

As someone who hasn’t been looked after at all by their government in the most difficult time, I couldn’t help but laugh at that comment.

I don’t wish the disease on anyone, but there’s absolutely nothing to be proud about where Boris is concerned.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here