Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A most un-relaxing BBQ

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
“officer poured a helmet filled with water over the barbecue to extinguish it.”

I have always felt those helmets are a bit impractical. What do I know eh?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
“You’ve ruined our ****ing day”

These people have absolutely no clue what’s going on, do they?

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
Can someone point out which law is being broken here. Is it the lighting of a BBQ or two people sitting down. Seems strange if it the act of sitting down when two people can walk on the beach together.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Can someone point out which law is being broken here. Is it the lighting of a BBQ or two people sitting down. Seems strange if it the act of sitting down when two people can walk on the beach together.

People are allowed out to exercise, walking, running, cycling etc NOT to have a BBQ on the beach.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

The CoronaVirus Act, 2020.

Sitting on the beach ( clearly not exercising ), or having an outdoor bbq are not on the list of permitted activities during lockdown.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

You only have to read the article to see that the law in question here is Sod's Law. ie. You'll always find two complete ***** who think the rules the rest of us are doing our best to abide by don't apply to them. The police even gave them the opportunity to quietly pack up and leave but they refused. The bloke then started coughing and asked for a mask. The police have my utmost respect at having to deal with utter bellends like this couple. Sounds like they got the attention they were so desperate for.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

I cannot fvcking believe people are still making comments and asking questions like this.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
There are bylaws preventing BBQs on most of Brighton beach anyway, aren't there?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
These two are the sort of idiots that leave a red hot BBQ on the beach when they have finished stuffing their fat faces.

Your thoughts on the matter are exactly part of the problem. The rules are simple and by some thick idiots, are not being followed.

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
Are/were those two a bigger risk to others or themselves than someone going for a run along the seafront?

This is something I've been thinking about and this weekend I'd have loved nothing more than some cans on the beach.

But if it's ok for me, then maybe my neighbour will feel the same and their neighbour will feel the same and so on.

You can see how this kind of thing could spread as exponentially as the virus without intervention.

I think the guidance regarding taking a walk or a run is about right and people setting up for a bbq or picnic are not helping.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here