Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthstandRacoon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And I feel your anger mate, I'm very worried about mine also as I work in Aviation, it's currently at a standstill.

For me, this is all because a country, in this case China, didn't follow advice by scientist and seem to think lying and trying to cover this shitstorm up would make it ok. Doesn't make me Xenophobic or racist as some divs have suggested on here. I hope you get through this all in a positive light when it ends.
    If you work in aviation, you would realise how important the Chinese are to your industry. If you don't then I would say (with a little temerity) that you're the div.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Springal View Post
      I’m never having chow mien again. And this week I’ll be searching my house for anything made in China and throwing it out.

If people are prepared to pay more for their goods might be easier, but sadly we live in a consumer , must be cheap society.

Company I work for is a US company that mainly manufacturers in China. For government contracts we have to use Taiwan assembly which carries about a 7% cost increase
      Hope your steel beams were locally sourced

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Machiavelli View Post
      Unfortunately for you, you've shown yourself to be both angry and xenophobic on here for far too long.
      That said, I'm sorry to hear of your new circumstances, and hope that the policy framework that emerges doesn't make your bad situation even worse.
      Is that right what other things am I angry about? If your referring to brexit I've nothing to be angry about.
      As for my situation I'm afraid that what emerges is going to be atrocious for most people. I hope not but I honestly cant see any different. I don't know what you do for a living maybe you can work from home, I don't know but as of now I have zero money coming in. Nothing. In my post I didn't mention anything xenophobic, didn't mention any country whatsoever. I'm just angry my family has had its comfortable life interrupted. You draw your own conclusions but you don't know me.
      Having said that I'm far more concerned for my wife and now Boris is in intensive care.
      Last edited by melias shoes; 06-04-2020 at 19:35.
      They were white.

0 Not allowed!
      So Wuhan is out of lockdown and residents joyfully headed out onto the streets, 100’s waiting for the first trains and planes out of the city....
      Keith Keith Keith Dublin herecomesaregular's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Run View Post
      So Wuhan is out of lockdown and residents joyfully headed out onto the streets, 100’s waiting for the first trains and planes out of the city....
      Yes, i don't get this at all. The plan after deaths fall to zero is to just let everybody out again? Doesn't seem much of a plan.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by herecomesaregular View Post
      Yes, i don't get this at all. The plan after deaths fall to zero is to just let everybody out again? Doesn't seem much of a plan.
      No, that's not the plan. Yes, people can leave the city but certain measures are still in place.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-after-76-days

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bakero View Post
      No, that's not the plan. Yes, people can leave the city but certain measures are still in place.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-after-76-days
      This from a Brit living in Wuhan:

Life for residents of Wuhan is still more restricted than UK’s so-called lockdown. Each district is controlled by its own local authority so it’s not entirely uniform but the basics are the same.

To leave the community residence you need a green health code via an app on your phone. This is tied to your Chinese ID card and logs who you are and where you are. Your temperature is also taken.

To use the limited public transport you also need to log in and out using the app. Foreigners don’t have an ID card so they can’t use it.

Anyone returning to work also needs a special certificate verifying that the business has been given permission to restart. Otherwise you’re expected to return to your home within two hours.

Restaurants, cafes, stores, anywhere that people might gather are still closed. I can get to the supermarket five minutes walk from my apartment block, that’s all.

One hour a day exercise? No way.

So nobody should be mistaken that life in Wuhan is back to normal. And people in the UK need to think about what lockdown really means.
      Members
      Withdean. Just behind the theatre of trees.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by middletoenail View Post
      If you work in aviation, you would realise how important the Chinese are to your industry. If you don't then I would say (with a little temerity) that you're the div.
      Depends on which sector of aviation you work in, from a global point of view yes, but again, they may be a large competitor to your customer base depending on your regions of business within aviation. We are hardly going to stop them flying everywhere are we. Your little dig making out like I don't know what I'm talking about is a little strange.

I just want their to be strict sanctions in place on their management of wet markets and for proper food regulation to come into force and for the complete ban on their wild life trade, it's not only putting more and more species on the extinct list, it's also causing deaths in humans and financial ruin worldwide!
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      A massive apology from the top would have been a good start, but quite honestly I don't think they give a ****. They have ruined the world. Think before you make any more purchases in the future, look for alternatives if you can. It might cost you a bit more, but it will be far better quality.
      Last edited by bashlsdir; 10-04-2020 at 08:18.
      Panic! At The Amex Tom Hark, Preston Park's Avatar

4 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by bashlsdir View Post
      A massive apology from the top would have been a good start, but quite honestly I don't think they give a ****. They have ruined the world. Think before you make any more purchases in the future, look for alternatives if you can. It might cost you a bit more, but it will be far better quality.
      I think we'll get that apology, in some form or another, when the time is deemed right. China patently didn't set out to do this deliberately, and even allowing for their natural inclination towards state-sanctioned secrecy and propaganda, they seem to have taken all necessary steps to contain the virus as best they can, so far as any of us is able to judge. China is not your enemy. Well not mine anyway
      Buy The Ticket,Take The Ride - Hunter S. Thompson