Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

China After This Crisis

D

Deleted member 22389

I think we'll get that apology, in some form or another, when the time is deemed right. China patently didn't set out to do this deliberately, and even allowing for their natural inclination towards state-sanctioned secrecy and propaganda, they seem to have taken all necessary steps to contain the virus as best they can, so far as any of us is able to judge. China is not your enemy. Well not mine anyway

I hope so, but it looks like Japan has had enough.

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2...lp-firms-shift-production-china/#.XpCUJWTTWyU

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
This from a Brit living in Wuhan:

Life for residents of Wuhan is still more restricted than UK’s so-called lockdown. Each district is controlled by its own local authority so it’s not entirely uniform but the basics are the same.

To leave the community residence you need a green health code via an app on your phone. This is tied to your Chinese ID card and logs who you are and where you are. Your temperature is also taken.

To use the limited public transport you also need to log in and out using the app. Foreigners don’t have an ID card so they can’t use it.

Anyone returning to work also needs a special certificate verifying that the business has been given permission to restart. Otherwise you’re expected to return to your home within two hours.

Restaurants, cafes, stores, anywhere that people might gather are still closed. I can get to the supermarket five minutes walk from my apartment block, that’s all.

One hour a day exercise? No way.

So nobody should be mistaken that life in Wuhan is back to normal. And people in the UK need to think about what lockdown really means.

How does this work if you have no smartphone? Or do everyone have one?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
How does this work if you have no smartphone? Or do everyone have one?

No idea. I guess you're not allowed out.

In Austria, where they're planning to make use of an app for their lockdown exit, people without a phone will get an electronic key fob.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
108 new cases in China today, edging up again. I speak to my contacts in Shenzhen and it sounds like things are more or less operating as normal, will there be a second wave?

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
108 new cases in China today, edging up again. I speak to my contacts in Shenzhen and it sounds like things are more or less operating as normal, will there be a second wave?

Sounds like it. Surely if there's new cases and everything's operating as normal, there's only going to be one outcome...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here