Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] facebook

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Is facebook down from 5:30 pm Sunday 5th April 2020 ?

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
still down

use purity to stop the newsfeed

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Working fine

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
facebook still down for me

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Mines up and running.

Its like anything though, its how you use it and who you include on it. People routinely slag off Twitter without really understanding it. If you filter out the tedious flotsum then it can be funny, informative and useful. If you follow people who show pictures of their dinner then well, yeah, I can see why you'd think its utter shite. Avoid the dimbots though and the likes of FB and Twitter can be a force for good.

I've recently shown my technophobe 80 year old dad how to Facetime via FB his sister in Peacehaven, and his cousin in Australia. He can also see the grandkids and great grandkids now during this period of lockdown - he's LOVING it. Its easy and straighforward, on an app he was relatively familiar with (but rarely used). Thats one reason why people use it.

juliant

Apr 4, 2011
Northamptonshire
It must be 8 or so years since I deleted by Facebook account.

Whenever I hear people talk about it, they only ever mention how shite it is.

Why do people still use it?

I do occasionally ask this question to those who complain about it, and the only answer I ever get is to "keep in touch with family/friends"... but yet, there are more ways to do this than ever. If people prefer not to use the "old fashioned" method of telephones and texting, there are countless apps available too.

So what is the real reason people hate Facebook yet continue to use it? A genuine curiousity of mine.

I absolutely hate Facebook but still have an account. I have got to the point where I have most friends hidden from my newsfeed so I don't have to see the same crap all the time. But it's still useful due to the group's part of it. Lots of groups I belong to are not anywhere else so would struggle to get assistance or help with these subjects

And it's down for me and Instagram but I see a major outage is reported

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I absolutely hate Facebook but still have an account. I have got to the point where I have most friends hidden from my newsfeed so I don't have to see the same crap all the time. But it's still useful due to the group's part of it. Lots of groups I belong to are not anywhere else so would struggle to get assistance or help with these subjects

And it's down for me and Instagram but I see a major outage is reported

It came back after three hours or so. Earlier for some people. After awhile it is possible to manage out the annoying bits of it, like some other people.

For computer users it always has the annoying need to scroll down for old posts. NSC has a much better format.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here