Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] [Social] Distance Learning - Any New Ideas?

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Since it seems to be such a problem currently, how about this idea for a crash course in #SocialDistancing ?

Six Feet Under - Shirt Front (BW) 20%.jpg Six Feet Under - Shirt Back (BW) 20%.jpg

Six Feet Under - Bike 15%.jpg

Given experiences / horror stories to date, any other ideas?

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Since it seems to be such a problem currently, how about this idea for a crash course in #SocialDistancing ?

View attachment 121793 View attachment 121794

View attachment 121795

Given experiences / horror stories to date, any other ideas?

I know it's a cyclist pictured here but personally I have found them to be the most likely to break the six feet rule.
No cars on the road and they are still riding as close to the pavement as possible when passing pedestrians. I would usually walk against traffic so I can see them coming but I have taken the policy of crossing the road as soon as I see a pedestrian coming towards me.
Also I saw a small team of cyclists in their matching lycra kits training together today. Bell ends.

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
I know it's a cyclist pictured here but personally I have found them to be the most likely to break the six feet rule.
No cars on the road and they are still riding as close to the pavement as possible when passing pedestrians. I would usually walk against traffic so I can see them coming but I have taken the policy of crossing the road as soon as I see a pedestrian coming towards me.
Also I saw a small team of cyclists in their matching lycra kits training together today. Bell ends.

You're right that a few selfish cyclists still persist in coming far too close. Especially rife on the Undercliff Walk currently!

Which gets us back to the point of the thread. The T-shirts have already been getting a very positive response – even from the police!

But clearly, much more needs to be done, for several weeks or months ahead. So, what's the best way of getting the social distancing message across to people, from bell-end cyclists to unthinking pedestrians?

Posters? TV ads? T-Shirts? 2-metre poles? Or what?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here