Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where are you getting your news from at the moment?

Blazing Apostle

Jul 30, 2011
Online BBC and Guardian news sites open all the time - daily visits to NST, Daily Mirror, Daily Mail, Independent, Inews, CNN and New York Times - for light relief Fox News...and for jaw dropping insanity Daily Express which is still banging on about Brexit and fisheries as if anybody really cares
TV - BBC News inc daily Boris Briefing, Chan 4 news and Newsnight...and so to bed

Anything I am missing out on?

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Anywhere except the hyperbole driven cliche that is Sky News. Watching it you’d think all the presenters have spent the last two months sniffing coke then writing their own bulletins. Cretins.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
BBC, CNN, Guardian online.

Never Fox News. Even with a mischievous mind, I can’t see an ironically funny side of a lying, Alt-Right platform.

I get my daily dose of comic incompetence from the White House main event.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
LBC is on for me most the day, BBC, ITV, Channel 4 and of course here

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Online BBC and Guardian news sites open all the time - daily visits to NST, Daily Mirror, Daily Mail, Independent, Inews, CNN and New York Times - for light relief Fox News...and for jaw dropping insanity Daily Express which is still banging on about Brexit and fisheries as if anybody really cares
TV - BBC News inc daily Boris Briefing, Chan 4 news and Newsnight...and so to bed

You are of course completely free to do whatever you want - and to tell me to go do one and mind my own business - but in the spirit of genuine and well-intentioned advice, I’d suggest maybe weaning yourself off a little bit of that, if I was you?

Staying informed about the situation is important, but there also comes a point where we’re in danger of overdosing on news, and stressing more than is ideal for mental health and well-being.

If it was me, I’d maybe take just 15-20% of that daily news consumption time and swop it for something that relaxes your mind and mentally takes you somewhere else: a book, a movie etc.

I don’t blame you if you think I’m being a patronising ****er, and I’m not normally an interfering kind of person, but this is a time when we all need to look out for each other, and I’m just expressing an honest suggestion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

That's A LOT of news mate (and 'news'). Maybe a tad too much?

Blazing Apostle

Jul 30, 2011
Yes you probably right - its more so trying to take all info in and trying to read between the lines to get a clearer picture of whats happening and where we might be going.......but will tone it down now

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
BBC and Sky first thing and last thing, but BBC Radio Sussex on during the day as it's not as depressing as a constant diet of gloom and doom from TV. National and international news have their place of course, but personally I'm more interested in what's going on with our own communities right here in Sussex.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
You are of course completely free to do whatever you want - and to tell me to go do one and mind my own business - but in the spirit of genuine and well-intentioned advice, I’d suggest maybe weaning yourself off a little bit of that, if I was you?

Staying informed about the situation is important, but there also comes a point where we’re in danger of overdosing on news, and stressing more than is ideal for mental health and well-being.

If it was me, I’d maybe take just 15-20% of that daily news consumption time and swop it for something that relaxes your mind and mentally takes you somewhere else: a book, a movie etc.

I don’t blame you if you think I’m being a patronising ****er, and I’m not normally an interfering kind of person, but this is a time when we all need to look out for each other, and I’m just expressing an honest suggestion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With you entirely on this. I am normally a news hound but am limiting myself to around 30 mins morning and evening.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Yes you probably right - its more so trying to take all info in and trying to read between the lines to get a clearer picture of whats happening and where we might be going.......but will tone it down now

I know what you mean, just can't look away. Personally though, I need to wind it down a bit at times, gets to you.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Anywhere except the hyperbole driven cliche that is Sky News. Watching it you’d think all the presenters have spent the last two months sniffing coke then writing their own bulletins. Cretins.

They have gone to town 're-branding' their channels with SOTA graphics, lots of blood ref and black graphs etc. Scaremongering on another level. Tossers.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
BBC and Guardian are the only news sources I use. BBC first, and then the Guardian to ensure that whatever the BCC is perhaps sensationalising is regarded as truth in the Guardian.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
BBC & Telegraph, and Twitter for the first signs of breaking stuff (with a heft pinch of salt depending on the source). Being drawn to watching far too much though.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
New York Times, MSNBC, BBC and The Guardian

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
CNN for me. The voice of 'sane USA' as opposed to the 'Trump USA'.

Plus, for the first time in my life, The Daily Mail, which we get for our very elderly neighbours. Surprisingly (to me) critical of the Tory government. But I won't be getting it delivered when this is all over.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here