Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Google Community Mobility reports

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Really interesting stuff from Google, using (anonymised) mobile phone location data to plot how people's movements have changed during lockdowns.

There's a few days lag in the data in the reports, but it's still fascinating.

Page >>> https://www.google.com/covid19/mobility/

UK Report >>> https://www.gstatic.com/covid19/mobility/2020-03-29_GB_Mobility_Report_en.pdf

Screenshot 2020-04-05 at 10.58.43.png

Screenshot 2020-04-05 at 10.59.01.png

Screenshot 2020-04-05 at 10.59.17.png

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Really interesting. Visualises the supermarket hoarding quite well.

Perhaps worrying, without additional data points, is the recent rise in workplace location and in some areas corresponding drop in residential.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Covid19 -Google Maps reveal differing lockdown results

Based on the mobility of populations as analysed by google maps pre and since covid19, here’s a sample for cities (or where not available, the wider region). Kanawha is Charleston, West Virginia, the epicentre of Trump’s heartless-land. Showing the results of the tough lockdown in Italy, increased park life in several other cities, with the people of Stockholm and Charleston in some ways ignoring the threat of covid19.
https://www.google.com/covid19/mobility/

7F6B9F7F-6E9A-40BB-8452-014B531D3DA9.png
9DBD706A-5A45-40CA-A40F-B10D38FC7E9A.png
53F4477F-BA15-4FCF-A554-9078CB9BD704.png
64EB71B4-237C-494A-AD0E-D62621B7C370.png
C29F1DA8-E376-47D1-94D3-26D4823BCF1F.png
1E21ADAA-657D-4D00-810E-8FF463F3BC57.png

Soylent Blue

Banned
Mar 13, 2019
How is this data of any relevance without population density and wealth effects(To name just 2). It just reads like drivel, what is your point?

Wealth effects would impact the first 3 catagories, population Density 3 , 4 and 6 at least.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
How is this data of any relevance without population density and wealth effects(To name just 2). It just reads like drivel, what is your point?

Wealth effects would impact the first 3 catagories, population Density 3 , 4 and 6 at least.

I wasn’t over thinking this.

Just an insight into how lockdown (or no lockdown in Sweden) has affected travel habits in differing regions.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

How about you educate us as to precisely how, Looney, instead of resorting to your usual trolling.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Christ (on this Good Friday), you really are a dick :shrug:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

Simple af

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Naively, I genuinely didn’t realise that NSC persona was him.

For a moment I thought I was dealing with a miserable-as-f*ck intellectual :lolol:.

No, that data will have been thrown around on another forum defending President DickForBrains and he'll have copied and pasted a precis of the response he most agrees with. I expect the additional detail will come whenever it's provided on that forum.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
No, that data will have been thrown around on another forum defending President DickForBrains and he'll have copied and pasted a precis of the response he most agrees with. I expect the additional detail will come whenever it's provided on that forum.

How do clever sods @HWT and you always spot an old adversary, under a new NSC member name? I realise the mods can use IP addresses. @HWT seems to have a gift for it.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
How do clever sods @HWT and you always spot an old adversary, under a new NSC member name? I realise the mods can use IP addresses. @HWT seems to have a gift for it.

Not the IPaddr on this occasion but someone I trust implicitly pointed out the similarities in posting style and dyslexic mistakes. Looney's favourite insult involved "soy" and the account was started a few months after he was banned permanently. It's a lot of circumstantial evidence rather than a smoking gun, DNA and CCTV but still.

The irony is that he was right and I was wrong in the first couple of weeks of the crisis. However, since then I have come over to the uber cautious side, whereas everything Trump does contradicts his early posts on the main C19 thread.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Not the IPaddr on this occasion but someone I trust implicitly pointed out the similarities in posting style and dyslexic mistakes. Looney's favourite insult involved "soy" and the account was started a few months after he was banned permanently. It's a lot of circumstantial evidence rather than a smoking gun, DNA and CCTV but still.

The irony is that he was right and I was wrong in the first couple of weeks of the crisis. However, since then I have come over to the uber cautious side, whereas everything Trump does contradicts his early posts on the main C19 thread.

My OP dig about Trump/West Virginia inadvertently ruffled his KKK feathers.

Soylent Blue

Banned
Mar 13, 2019
I wasn’t over thinking this.

Just an insight into how lockdown (or no lockdown in Sweden) has affected travel habits in differing regions.

OK, maybe I was overthinking it, the difference in popuation densities between brighton and WV range from a factor of 2 to 6 depending what measure would impact other factors.

Soylent Blue

Banned
Mar 13, 2019

Your expecting and guesswork no doubt makes up for your lack of clarity and judgement Guiness Its only the flu Boy.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Your expecting and guesswork (teacher's note - sorry, no idea what you're on about here) ,no doubt makes up for your lack of clarity and judgement Guinness It's only the flu Boy.

Corrected for you. Over and over again.

Last edited:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Your expecting and guesswork no doubt makes up for your lack of clarity and judgement Guiness Its only the flu Boy.

Dude already admitted to being very wrong about that, making him win the Internet, so thats a pretty bad attempt to score a point.

Soylent Blue

Banned
Mar 13, 2019
Dude already admitted to being very wrong about that, making him win the Internet, so thats a pretty bad attempt to score a point.

Really?
"The irony is that he was right and I was wrong in the first couple of weeks of the crisis. However, since then I have come over to the uber cautious side, whereas everything Trump does contradicts his early posts on the main C19 thread "

Although its a bit incoherant your ill informed interjection wasn't needed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here