Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] People recalling when they once played against kids who went on to be pros

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Paul Ifill for me. What a school team we had, I think we lost just once in 5 years and often beat teams in school years above. I was only good enough to get in the B team and that was still decent.

Adam El-Abd’s brother Joe was probably the standout player in our year, even above Ifill. The fact he had a beard at 13 and was built like a brick shit house probably helped at that time. He went on to have a very good rugby career.

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
Played against Glenn Johnson former Chelsea right back and he was class. Also used to play with Gareth Barry and Micheal Standing and Micheal was so much better then Gareth, its weird how things change.

Also play with and against a few players who are non league and very surprised they never quite made it.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Played against Hastings Utd's Terry White, when I was a yoof.
He had a helluva left foot, even then.

On a side note, I had a pre match trg session with Neil Smillie in Germany.

Last edited:

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
Played against Glenn Johnson former Chelsea right back and he was class. Also used to play with Gareth Barry and Micheal Standing and Micheal was so much better then Gareth, its weird how things change.

Also play with and against a few players who are non league and very surprised they never quite made it.
Yer I played with Micheal too I’d forgotten that until reading your post and you’re right he was much better as a kid

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
lived in the same road as Alan Wells,he was best mates with one of my brothers

my best mate was the older brother of Darren Newman

back then you could play in the street

lamposts as wickets

someone's garage as a goal :lol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Couple of friends who played with Football Genius. And my ex wife was in his class at school.

Bit of a you know what apparently.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That reminds me, not seen any of JCFG on NSC lately :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Played in the park with Denis Foreman's boys. Kevin and Michael. It was embarrassing for me. And everyone else. And yet neither of them made it as pro footballers.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here