Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

1 Not allowed!
    Absolutely gobsmacked to read this but sadly not surprised. Would they really miss half of their weekly fortune. No of course they wouldn't and this is obscene.

Sad sad greedy times and there will be many angry people in the stands once this is over.
    Take me back to dear old Amex, put me on the train to Falmer town.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

2 Not allowed!

Am I watching Brighton or Barcelona?
      Longing for retirement. AmexRuislip's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      You'd think the players would dip into their pockets to help the staff out
      https://youtu.be/oCyXsHC-lQ4

@Brighton Lines "The MASSIVE shield: Amex Ruislip who thinks Sheffield Wednesday are 13th in the Premier League"
      Not seen such Bravery! Blue Valkyrie's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      The Albion have been hinting that this is being seriously considered as well.

Some hard decisions will have to be made soon, unless certainty over next season can be established sooner rather than later.
      Out of contract June 2020 : Balogun, Kayal, Schelotto
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      So my company has revenues of around £1b globally and a UK wage bill of around £500k a week. We have taken the Govt scheme to furlough the vast majority of our staff but because none of them play professional football its alright? The Hypocrisy of a number on here beggars belief. Theatres furloughed their staff weeks ago as did other entertainment venues but because the media told you to be outraged about PL teams we are supposed to be disgusted? Business being run like businesses shock. If they weren't people would criticise that too.

Football clubs are not run in a vacuum they have zero revenue and considerable costs, because some staff get a big wage packet makes not a jot to the fundamentals of a company. They have the same financial pressures as any other company.
      Not seen such Bravery! Blue Valkyrie's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by AmexRuislip View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      You'd think the players would dip into their pockets to help the staff out
      Well that would basically be the players subsidising the owner's loss. Better they donate to where it is needed more ?

Clearly we all owe a lot to Tony, though.

Tricky one.
      Out of contract June 2020 : Balogun, Kayal, Schelotto

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Easy 10 View Post
      Just for some perspective. Liverpool raked in around £70m from UEFA for winning the Champions League last year, and in 2019 received just short of £300m from broadcasters. Thats not including sponsorship.

So the fact they've now got the begging bowl out to plunder emergency public funds to pay their groundsmen, maintenance staff and security over the summer, and possibly beyond, is absolutely repugnant beyond words.
      Not to forget they've got a new kit deal on a matter of weeks worth a minimum of £30m a year.
      Where have you put the f***ing biscuits??
      On the BHA rollercoaster Icy Gull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Blue Valkyrie View Post
      The Albion have been hinting that this is being seriously considered as well.

Some hard decisions will have to be made soon, unless certainty over next season can be established sooner rather than later.
      Link? I have only seen a determination to pay non playing staff full wages. I can see playing staff being asked to do something though, and that is only right imo.
      Winners never quit and quitters never win -Vince Lombardi

0 Not allowed!
      Skimming the Liverpool forums, most fans are ashamed and embarrassed, but unbelievably, in amongst them, there ARE still some defending it.

"Liverpool fans, pundits, journalists doing the club no favours here on matters they don’t fully understand. No doubt some complaining now will be the ones when we can’t compete in the transfer market or meet FFP.

The government scheme is there to protect jobs of employees who can’t work right now, which are the ones who LFC are putting on furlough, and will be topping up their wages to 100% themselves."

"Have to say LFC isn't a charity and as such the owners have to make decisions that protect the profitability of the company"

"Correct, last time I looked it was registered at Companies House as a limited company.

Bigger Companies than us have done it, business is business and the Directors have a duty to do the best for the business and it’s shareholders"

"Just seen in the media that the club have put a number of staff on furlough and people including Carragher are having a go at the club.
      The media also has said that the club will ensure that they receive full wages. So if that is correct what the hell are people moaning about"

"It’s a good decision by the club, all businesses small and large are doing it and it safeguards the jobs of every single one of the employees in the club additionally they are getting 100% wages.

Don’t see the issue whatsoever"

I just find these views staggering. Do these people not just take a step back and realise exactly what it is they are defending ? Incredible. It just has me shaking my head in disbelief.
      "But you accept that there is an increased risk of vehicle/bat collision"
      Longing for retirement. AmexRuislip's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Blue Valkyrie View Post
      Well that would basically be the players subsidising the owner's loss. Better they donate to where it is needed more ?
      I was meaning that the players donate some of their wages to pay for the part time staff.
      I do see what you mean
      https://youtu.be/oCyXsHC-lQ4

@Brighton Lines "The MASSIVE shield: Amex Ruislip who thinks Sheffield Wednesday are 13th in the Premier League"