Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Your all time favourite UK number one single

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Waterloo sunset - the kinks

The record reached number 2 on the British charts in mid 1967. It was a top 10 hit in Australia, New Zealand and most of Europe. In North America, "Waterloo Sunset" was released as a single but it failed to chart

Sorry!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The record reached number 2 on the British charts in mid 1967. It was a top 10 hit in Australia, New Zealand and most of Europe. In North America, "Waterloo Sunset" was released as a single but it failed to chart

Sorry!

It's MY all time number one favourite single :wink:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I'll have to submit 2. They are my favourites because of when they were No.1, not because they were really good, but because they were a soundtrack to what was going on:

1. Baddiel, Skinner & The Lightning Seeds during the magic of Euro96, right before I turned 18 was just such a great time.

2. 'Wannabee' by The Spice Girls was No.1 when I turned 18. I wasn't a fan, but they were certainly something different and everybody talked about them - Who's your favourite? Did you know Posh is going out with that Beckham guy at Man Utd? ('Stand up if you hate Man U!' at Wembley for England was influenced in part by that) A few weeks after turning 18, I moved to Brighton and was living away from home for the first time and I probably had the best couple of years of my life. So much fun. Like them or not, The Spice Girls were a massive talking point during it all. In Morrison's the time before last, it got played in store and a couple were singing it round the aisles to raise their spirits and I had it going through my head as well. Happier times. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Mine would have been Grapevine by Marvin, but having seen Bruce so many times , this does for me, still sounds as fresh now as it did 44 years ago

[yt]v6O1AYUrVQs[/yt]

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here