Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Keir Starmer

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Don't waste your energy. They have never and will never say anything of any value. Just block 'em. [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION] will sort them out. They don't dare go too far with him or he'll moderate them off the board, and then they'd be bewildered and beweft :lolol:

Thanks H :lolol:

*hides in a fridge*

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
For a boring, metropolitan elite, millionaire he's got the gammons so worried that there's more of them on this thread than Labour members.

I'd forgotten what this thread was about, to be fair. It's just post after post of nothing from nobbers I have on ignore :moo:

Still, I can mock them without having to read their replies. You can't. Nevertheless, you're the one with the electric cattle prod, and they are the goons dressed up for trick a treat in their mum's undies.

x1080.jpg

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I forgive you, after all, 'to err is human'.. Everyone makes mistakes, Governments, organisations, society and individuals. I just hold the view that it is wrong to 'shitstorm' the Government at this time.
As the Times says,'There will be plenty of time for a full public enquiry into mistakes.':thumbsup:

Is it that we should be pulling together, Churchill, the Blitz spirit, etc?

AlastairWatts

Nov 1, 2009
High Wycombe
It's a serious point. If we're just coming back from this economic earthquake I wouldn't expect anyone in their right mind to try and negotiate a final deal in six months or less over Zoom. Expect the final snip to be delayed for a year and Boris to blame CV19, quite rightly. The last thing these people will want are more empty shelves in the supermarkets and GDP contractions.

You stick your head in the sand and blame "us people" if you want. Though I'd love to hear your theory on why a Brexit deal is more important than the Olympics.

This is muddled thinking. The Olympics and Euro 2020 are sporting events. Brexit is a political/governmental event. To try and link the three is nonsense. And anyway, given all that's happened further delay to Brexit isn't the end of the world. It will still happen, especially as a majority of the British electorate voted for it not once but twice. Although what all this is doing in a thread about Keir Starmer is beyond me....

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Is Watford bloke eating there?
Regards
DF

Eating? It was a virtual craft beer pub, the only food was a few bags of artisanal hand-cooked sea-salt and balsamic vinegar potato crisps and an over-priced, but ironic, fish-finger sandwich.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
and whether it at all matters. Boris has had a privileged upbringing, educated at an elite school, but it didn't matter to the voters as they came out in huge numbers to vote for him when it mattered. Labour were wiped out across the nation and particularly in their northern heartlands for three reasons that are widely accepted.

1.Brexit position
2.People didn't like Corbyn
3.The party leadership were seen as out of touch by many in the Labour heartlands.

None of the above is really up for discussion. Its gonna be a long road back for Labour to be electable again and not just a change in leadership that some on here think. Putting things in perspective, other than Blair who was seen by some as Tory light and who I voted for twice, Labour haven't been elected since the mid 70's.

The voters really didn't come out in huge numbers to vote for the Tories, most voted against them.
Due to our antiquated electoral system ,Johnson has an 80 seat majority, by getting just 43%of the vote. And that is only on 67% turnout

He actually increased the Tory vote by only 1.5%..

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
This is muddled thinking. The Olympics and Euro 2020 are sporting events. Brexit is a political/governmental event. To try and link the three is nonsense. And anyway, given all that's happened further delay to Brexit isn't the end of the world. It will still happen, especially as a majority of the British electorate voted for it not once but twice. Although what all this is doing in a thread about Keir Starmer is beyond me....

I hate to be pedantic, but, the majority of the British electorate has never voted for Brexit, in fact, in 2019 the British electorate voted against Brexit.Meaning, they voted for parties, either opposed to Brexit, or, that wanted a so called people's vote.
In the referendum, a majority of those that voted, voted for Brexit, and not the majority of the electorate.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I hate to be pedantic, but, the majority of the British electorate has never voted for Brexit, in fact, in 2019 the British electorate voted against Brexit.Meaning, they voted for parties, either opposed to Brexit, or, that wanted a so called people's vote.
In the referendum, a majority of those that voted, voted for Brexit, and not the majority of the electorate.

Brexit's done now, Corbyn, McDonnell and McCluskey were also career long anti our EEC/EC/EU membership, so many people across the political spectrum are relieved.

Time to bury that hatchet and move on.

p.s. on a positive day when Starmer has been elected.

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London
At last, a viable opposition which is great for the country. He clearly cares, is a bright guy, charismatic and electable. Hopefully, he isn’t governed by the unions.

Labour needs to show it is fiscally responsible to be viable. The consequences of the deregulation of the banking system (following Alan Greenspan and resulting in CDOs) saw a spending spree that we are still feeling the consequences of.

As far as the spending of this government, which is unthinkable under normal conditions, I think there will be a G7 debt write-off following this virus. Governments are gathering debt and the world is on a pause button. To load that debt onto already overburdened companies and individuals would cripple finances for decades. I’m going to ask people who know more about this.

What Labour should already be alert to is that spending can’t take debt to a point that it pushed to the next generation. It’s utterly irresponsible. Excessive spending followed by purse strings being tightened and blame aimed at morally corrupt people in charge. This repeats every single time. It’s no good for anyone. Let’s raise taxes a bit.

Along these lines, I think the NHS and education, social security and education need to be taken out of central government and into consistent, cross-parliamentary committees with (at least) 10 year plans. I understand the NHS already has one of these but it would stop the short term ego of government disturbing things that should be sacrosanct. The sharp changes in policy cost a huge amount of money.

The NHS as an example should charge for folk without exemptions for time. This follows the German and Spanish models. It would make healthcare completely affordable for tax payers, dissuade people who use it incorrectly and I think those that use it and can afford it would be more than happy to pay on a plan or otherwise.

So we should be voting for good people (Starmer) who want to improve the country. But this needs to be affordable without compromising the next generation through unaffordable spending and then blaming the other party for cutting budgets. I, for one, am fed up with this political loop and would like to see something far more sophisticated, especially in the era of polarised social media which suffocates free thought by mental and emotional herding.

Social responsibility is hopefully a massive take-away from this virus. I’m excited about Sir Starmer showing how good he can be.

Roundabout way of saying “Welcome Keir Starmer!”

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Good news. He will never challenge Boris. I thought Corbyn was one of the most miserable politicians

D

Deleted member 2719

You shitting yourself as well?

you've perfectly described bj :ohmy:

I am not getting into a binfest here, as I have far more important stuff to do.

Looking forward to his closet being well and truly opened by the media.

The question is will Starmer be an arse against the tories and play the big boy arguing barrister for the good of the country or just want to look for scapegoats when this is a time of togetherness, and we should all work as one.

I know what my money's on, already seen Cooper throwing so low shots in.

The fact is Starmer would take a trial against his gran, just because he has Sir in front of his name doesn't mean he is not a c***.

But you, that Fairy cretin and Hastings Gull are on a different level to most human beings.
Down in the basement and at the end of the evolutionary scale.
Surprised your type have any knuckles left.

I can't believe you are still booing, you need to suck it up Chopper and get on with life, we are not in a place where sulking pays off, most have accepted the situation and prepared to look forward, I get the impression you wear your head back to front.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Cant believe Starmer will not be way better than Corbyn who promised different type of opposition . However cant see point of Starmer going straight in and criticising dealing of coronavirus. If we were in power we would be taking advice from same senior medical and science people. It is only Germany and west of that have better stats on this virus then us. Interesting I heard Andy Burnham on TV praising the government but I suppose as no longer in front line politics doesnt need to points score

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here