Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Keir Starmer

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Starmer being given an early opportunity to present himself to the electorate after Boris's hospitalization, and seems to be saying the right things. Jonathan Ashworth also getting a lot of airtime and doing OK.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
We need to be looking after ourselves and let Europe sort their own shit out ,it's not our problem anymore it really isn't
Regards
DF

UK
over 30% of our food comes from Europe.
45% of our medicine comes from Europe.
36% of our energy comes from Europe.

I could go onto exports to Europe and how big the value Europe is to our economy, but obviously I'm talking to you, so not a lot of point...

Regardless of leaving the EU, Europe is an essential part of the UK, like it or not.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
UK
over 30% of our food comes from Europe.
45% of our medicine comes from Europe.
36% of our energy comes from Europe.

I could go onto exports to Europe and how big the value Europe is to our economy, but obviously I'm talking to you, so not a lot of point...

Regardless of leaving the EU, Europe is an essential part of the UK, like it or not.

Gotta wonder why we left. :lolol: :facepalm:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Not our problem. Political instability on our doorstep and our biggest export market descending into economic turmoil. Not our problem.

****ing little Englanders.
People like PPF are a good example why we shouldn't hold referendums when making what are essentially economic decisions. Instead, we should be deferring decisions like that to our elected officials who should make their decisions based on experts in the appropriate fields.

What I'm saying is that PPF is as thick as pig shit and really not worth paying any attention to.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Yes the General election result backs up all your twaddle doesn't it
Regards
DF

The irony of you posting about the general election result on a thread about a competent Labour leader taking over from one who was massively unpopular and didn't have a fixed position on Brexit :facepalm:

Not to mention 99% of the post you quoted was about the post election and, indeed, the post Covid world.

Still, as [MENTION=232]Simster[/MENTION] quite rightly says, you're about as bright as the inside of a hedgehog's arse.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So Jacob Rees Mogg can make more money.

Knowing the Mogster isn't scratching about the cupboard looking for the last tin of beans is all the comfort I need.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
"Wasn't Starmer the director of public prosecutions when opportunities to catch and prosecute Jimmy Savile were continually missed? Great leader if that's the case."

I am no fan of Tory Tabloids, but actually it was Jeremy Corbyn's elder brother Piers who has been tweeting this. He is a complete and utter fruitcake who is a climate change denier and who also, I gather, thinks Bill Gates is responsible for Covid-19.

The idea that the DPP makes the decision whether to prosecute or not on every case is akin to the idea that the Home Secretary makes the decision on which of the 10,000 on the 'possible terrorist sympathizer' list should be arrested.

Corbyn's brother isn't just a fruitcake. He's an absolute disgrace.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Where's this idea that Starmer is a boozer come from? Westminster is notoriously gossipy yet I've read nothing to suggest that the guy has any sort of drink problem - not even from the likes of Guido Fawkes or Spiked has anything on the subject.

Corbyn left himself open to criticism with a series of misjudgements; it seems that as there's nothing similar to pin on Starmer, people are now making things up

I have people who make things up on ignore. Mouldy Brains is a longstanding disgrace. Since I blocked him all I see is the trail of incredulity he leaves in his grubby wake :shrug:

Jan 30, 2008
Team EU out in full force i see, where did i mention anything about trade , carrying on stroking each other off though
Regards
DF

Jan 30, 2008
The irony of you posting about the general election result on a thread about a competent Labour leader taking over from one who was massively unpopular and didn't have a fixed position on Brexit :facepalm:

Not to mention 99% of the post you quoted was about the post election and, indeed, the post Covid world.

Still, as [MENTION=232]Simster[/MENTION] quite rightly says, you're about as bright as the inside of a hedgehog's arse.

i spent three years telling how it would end up ,you ignored me with your self righteous petulance and ended up with egg on your face, fortunately I have another cap :dunce:
Regards
DF

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
We need to be looking after ourselves and let Europe sort their own shit out ,it's not our problem anymore it really isn't
Regards
DF

Does that include leaving ourselves in a precarious position over supplies of medical equipment when the door was wide open for us to benefit from a collective approach? You haven't got the sense you were born with....... if in fact you were bidnvwith any at all!

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
People like PPF are a good example why we shouldn't hold referendums when making what are essentially economic decisions. Instead, we should be deferring decisions like that to our elected officials who should make their decisions based on experts in the appropriate fields.

What I'm saying is that PPF is as thick as pig shit and really not worth paying any attention to.

...... but don't you understand democracy?...... came the overwhelming reply!

But what you are describing - as you are no doubt aware - is parliamentary democracy, which works!!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here