Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Changes to Twitter?

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
Has anyone else's Twitter feed changed this morning?

Instead of just seeing posts from people I follow, it's showing posts from people that are followed by people I follow. And posts that are just "liked" by people I follow, not even re-Tweeted. So my feed is clogged up with stuff I'm not interested in.

I can't see how to reset this, and I'm afraid it's bugging me.

Edit: Sometimes it reverts back to normal, so I wonder if they're rolling out an update.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
You've switched modes. Click the star icon at the top.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Instead of just seeing posts from people I follow, it's showing posts from people that are followed by people I follow. And posts that are just "liked" by people I follow, not even re-Tweeted. So my feed is clogged up with stuff I'm not interested in.

Edit: Sometimes it reverts back to normal, so I wonder if they're rolling out an update.

Mine has been doing this for ages.
You can turn off retweets by someone you follow, this is useful if they are always tweeting complete crap.
I'm not sure how to stop seeing stuff other people have liked.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
You can turn off retweets by someone you follow, this is useful if they are always tweeting complete crap.

I’m a serial user of the like button, do people who follow me have to see every tweet that I like?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Not sure how this works, I've just clicked the star on my Twitter page when using my phone, it says - Latest Tweets show up as they happen or I can change it to - See top Tweets first.

My old iPad doesn't even show the star icon at the top on my Twitter page.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I’m a serial user of the like button, do people who follow me have to see every tweet that I like?

I don't know to be honest, I just notice some tweets from people I definitely wouldn't follow, like or have any interest in just because someone else ( I follow ) has liked it.
It seems a bit random, I'm sure I can't see everything others I follow have liked.

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
Simple fix - just bin Twitter (and Facebook, FaceTwit, TwitFace and all the other ridiculous me-too nonsensical money-grabbing, privacy-trashing, lie-spreading nonsense).
There, I feel better now :)

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro

What star icon? (FYI, I'm using a web browser, not an app.)

Currently, it's "normal".

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro

I don't mind the retweets for the people I follow, but this is just displaying random posts from people they follow.

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
Simple fix - just bin Twitter (and Facebook, FaceTwit, TwitFace and all the other ridiculous me-too nonsensical money-grabbing, privacy-trashing, lie-spreading nonsense).
There, I feel better now :)

You've obviously got no idea of the Twitter feeds I follow. I certainly don't see any of that nonsense.

(Only yours)

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

It's a constant battle to get Twitter to show just the tweets from people you follow in chronological order. They are determined to let their algorithms curate your timeline.

Unfortunately the only way I've found is to click the stars at the top to show latest tweets first then on each tweet which is a like by a friend (or something you don't expect to see usually) in top right corner of the tweet is a little arrow. Click it and gives some options. Should be something like "see fewer likes from Brightonfan1992" or whatever. Select that. Then do this on all the other similar tweets that you weren't expecting to see. This trains the twitter algorithms into knowing what you want. Despite me doing this regularly it still tries to show me all the other crap.

Good luck!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
It's a constant battle to get Twitter to show just the tweets from people you follow in chronological order. They are determined to let their algorithms curate your timeline.

Unfortunately the only way I've found is to click the stars at the top to show latest tweets first then on each tweet which is a like by a friend (or something you don't expect to see usually) in top right corner of the tweet is a little arrow. Click it and gives some options. Should be something like "see fewer likes from Brightonfan1992" or whatever. Select that. Then do this on all the other similar tweets that you weren't expecting to see. This trains the twitter algorithms into knowing what you want. Despite me doing this regularly it still tries to show me all the other crap.

Good luck!

I was going to suggest what you have said -,clicking the little arrow, I have used this for getting rid of promoted tweets, I use this when looking at Twitter on my iPad.
The reason I didn't suggest this is when I'm using my phone to look at Twitter it's slightly different, when I click on the little arrow I only see -
Unfollow ( account name )
Mute ( ,, ,, )
Block (,, ,, )
Report Tweet

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro

Good luck!

Thanks. I had started to click on "I'm not interested in this" for a few, but Twitter seems to have reset itself. Twitter isn't usually as bad as Facebook.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I was going to suggest what you have said -,clicking the little arrow, I have used this for getting rid of promoted tweets, I use this when looking at Twitter on my iPad.
The reason I didn't suggest this is when I'm using my phone to look at Twitter it's slightly different, when I click on the little arrow I only see -
Unfollow ( account name )
Mute ( ,, ,, )
Block (,, ,, )
Report Tweet

Yep it is website only I think. Very annoying.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Not sure how this works, I've just clicked the star on my Twitter page when using my phone, it says - Latest Tweets show up as they happen or I can change it to - See top Tweets first.

My old iPad doesn't even show the star icon at the top on my Twitter page.
Beware : Twitter automatically slyly resets this to Top Tweets every few weeks, so you'll annoyingly have to keep resetting it to Latest Tweets.

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
FFS, now it's telling me "Graham Cluley received a reply". If I was interested in the original post, I'd be reading it for the replies!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here