Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

EU says airlines have to give refunds, not vouchers

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Finally got my Easyjet refund, still waiting on a Ryanair one.

To be fair to Ryanair, they did say it would take ~28 days, and are still within that timeframe.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Good to see the EU standing up for consumer rights. According to the media, the travel industry here is still lobbying government for a relaxation of the package holiday regulations as they want to avoid refunds, at least for a time. As my wife and I were due to go on holiday in late April this is of particular interest to us. Although the regulations state refunds should be made within 14 days Virgin Holidays are saying it will take 40 plus days for the money to reach your account.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I used 50,000 air miles as part payment for flights to Malta in may, apparently British airways are being ***** about refunds so I'm guessing I'll lose the air miles ffs

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
will probably bankrupt some of the companies, so passengers end up with neither refund or voucher.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Good to see the EU standing up for consumer rights. According to the media, the travel industry here is still lobbying government for a relaxation of the package holiday regulations as they want to avoid refunds, at least for a time. As my wife and I were due to go on holiday in late April this is of particular interest to us. Although the regulations state refunds should be made within 14 days Virgin Holidays are saying it will take 40 plus days for the money to reach your account.

Easyjet advised "several weeks", took just over a week to refund the final payment but still waiting for the deposit however they did advise they would be separate refunds.

They need to update their system, however, I have received two emails saying check in and print your boarding passes !

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I used 50,000 air miles as part payment for flights to Malta in may, apparently British airways are being ***** about refunds so I'm guessing I'll lose the air miles ffs

When they cancel the flight - and they will as May will be virtually wiped out too, phone up and you’ll get a refund. There’s no examples of BA refusing them once you can actually get through to them

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Interesting. I have a holiday to Crete booked for early June with BA and so far not a word from them. Thankfully I've only paid £150 deposit with the rest due early May so I should know by then if it's worth paying.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Interesting. I have a holiday to Crete booked for early June with BA and so far not a word from them. Thankfully I've only paid £150 deposit with the rest due early May so I should know by then if it's worth paying.

I would pay in full as if probably cancelled and you used a credit card you can then claim via card company

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008

I got a full refund and the airmails I used back from them.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

Virgin Holidays have 15,000 refunds pending

It’s closer to 65 days atm

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Finally got my Easyjet refund, still waiting on a Ryanair one.

To be fair to Ryanair, they did say it would take ~28 days, and are still within that timeframe.

Is that 28 days from when they told you it was cancelled or the date you were due to go on holiday ? Still
Waiting for ours cancelled about 3weeks ago with tui but actual depart date was 1st April

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here