Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Hignfy

Argartu

Jun 5, 2014
What is going on with Hislop's mic levels, this is a shitshow. Having the other guests fill in for the audience laughter is cringe, I'd rather they use a laugh track.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
This is one of the most bizarre pieces of TV I can ever recall seeing.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
The whole dynamic is wrong.

It’s like watching a much loved friend die a slow, painful death.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
While it didn't work and was fairly bizarre, a couple of the jokes had me in tears of laughter. The "Gyles Brandreth in a gimp mask" comment and also the "basically a Count".

I haven't laughed for a month. Literally have not laughed for a month. Today I did. So how about we keep it (and other comedy programmes other people find funny) and stop thinking we're all Clive James for a while? Everything is shitter at the moment. TV ain't going to be an exception.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
While it didn't work and was fairly bizarre, a couple of the jokes had me in tears of laughter. The "Gyles Brandreth in a gimp mask" comment and also the "basically a Count".

I haven't laughed for a month. Literally have not laughed for a month. Today I did. So how about we keep it (and other comedy programmes other people find funny) and stop thinking we're all Clive James for a while? Everything is shitter at the moment. TV ain't going to be an exception.

Nah, it was a bit shit....it just didn’t work at all for me. As [MENTION=574]wolfie[/MENTION] says, the Now Show is much better."..

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I thought it was alright. Rather have it than nothing.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
A massive compromise, but fair play for doing it rather than most of the surrender monkeys who've just gone home and done nothing . . .R6 DJ's for example. Surely they can work remotely.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now

The wife and I watched Gordon, Gino and Fred: Road Trip, Thursday night on ITV. We had not laughed so much for a while that it really had put us in a much better mood the time that it finished. Worth a watch.

Last edited:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
The wife and I watched Gordon, Gino and Fred: Road Trip Thursday night on ITV, we had not laughed so much for a while that it really had put us in a much better mood the time that it finished. Worth a watch.

Can't abide Gordon Ramsey and avoided the first series like the plague. However with nothing else remotely interesting on Mrs P made us watch it, and I must say it was actually quite enjoyable.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Inspired by this thread, I watched a few minutes of HIGNFY on the iPlayer. In terms of form, it seemed like a worthwhile experiment. But I found it as unfunny as always.

I think the show went downhill when Angus Deayton was fired and is a good decade or two past its sell by date. In a world where topical jokes flash around the internet within minutes and the best ones rise to the top, having a weekly round up of not so good jokes delivered by London bubble media luvvies just seems so dated and cheesy. Still, some people like it, so each to their own.

But if people here need a laugh then they might find this channel does the job.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Radio's better. The Now Show is making a pretty good stab at it.
I did like the peak running gag, and the police adding black dye to a lake to deter visitors by turning it into a Blackpool.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here