Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] First big test for ‘Stay At Home’ coming up this weekend

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
With fine, sunny weather forecast for the weekend, will the great British public hold their resolve, or will we collectively fold like a red-hot Mars Bar?

You’d hope that common sense will prevail, but I reckon there will be countless ‘essential’ trips for charcoal and bbq fluid and beauty spots will be rammed, meaning this thing will just drag on and on.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Beauty spot car parks closed and/or strongly policed I hope (I know Ditchling Beacon is closed). Go for a walk or jog from home people, anything else is ignorant, selfish and dangerous. It’s that simple. A more severe lockdown is inevitable if the nimrods are out in force this weekend.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I really fear for this weekend, if it goes wrong we may go into a full lock down.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
..i think you know what I mean ..,.’’clap’’

PS a battered old van ta very much..and there wasn’t one packed park near me any when in march..oh and I’ll be on my pedal bike on Sunday

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Plan to do a small food shop for Mrs Jakarta and I but other than that its gardening and a bit of home maintenance, plus listening to my back catalogue of Madchester/Krautrock :thumbsup:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It’s sunny though, innit. People will flock to the coast for some bracing sea air. It’s not going to end well.
I think that remains to be seen

PS Just cheered myself up by watching some reruns of Albions wins...last of which was AK’s winner against Palarse .....one day in the future.....

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Got a burnt head at work ,i'm in trouble . 3 of us on site in the middle of the country ,safe distance apart works well. I'm lucky in the country walked 2 miles through footpaths and woodland tonight and saw 2 people. More traffic on the road than yesterday .

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
I will be really surprised and very disappointed if people are out this weekend.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The car park to one popular walking (with or without dogs) spot near us has been locked up now.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Actions are louder than claps.

Christ, that horse you've got must take a team of basketball players to throw you on it, it's that high. You could probably sell it for medical experiments and donate the proceeds to the NHS. Action are louder and all that.....

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I shall be talk a short walk from my home onto the Downs and taking my exercise there over the weekend.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Sadly I don’t think there’s a chance that the Great British public can be trusted to stay indoors. There’s a few people in my street who took the first 2-3 days seriously but have since been going out every day, have friends pop over etc. I think too many people feel they’ve got some sort of immunity already and are now very blasé about the lockdown. Fully expect news outlets to be horrified come Saturday night about crowded beaches etc.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
It’s sunny though, innit. People will flock to the coast for some bracing sea air. It’s not going to end well.

It's been lovely the last few days temperature wise on the coast, Sunday/next week will feel warmer still. Certainly not bracing, but definitely potential for it being very busy and it not ending well as you say.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I thought I read somewhere that the OB were meeting and greeting trippers at Brighton Station and sending them back home?

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
I’ve been doing a 10km run three times a week on a route I know I won’t see another soul, and I haven’t. We’ve been taking the kids on a similar route for a walk, as they need the fresh air and exercise.

But this weekend is different. The temptation is to go out. So we won’t. Picnic in the garden on Saturday. Barbecue on Sunday. I guess love handles are better than inadvertently killing 30 people.

The ‘killing thirty people’ is speculation of course’, the love handles are not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here