Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Anyone into Andrew Lloys Webber musicals - free streaming?

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
There are loads of theatre shows being streamed across various platforms.

Wind in the Willows is currently available for streaming on their website:
https://www.willowsmusical.com/

RSC are streaming some through the BBC4 and the iplayer:
https://www.whatsonstage.com/london-theatre/news/rsc-bbc-christopher-eccleston-macbeth_51262.html

The Wooster Group have a version of hamlet (until april 7th) on vimeo
https://twitter.com/TheWoosterGroup/status/1245045420264493056

The Bonfire has a handful of shows available through their signal archive
https://www.thebonfire.uk/signal

There are also a bunch of standalone shows that are available on youtube or other places:
https://www.whatsonstage.com/london...-musicals-opera-free-stream-online_51198.html (contains most of the above, too) - I'm currently watching 'Myth' on youtube. Not my favourite show, tbh. Struggling to stick with it, but I've watched Eugenius on facebook once and now on youtube once.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I wasn’t into musicals (typical male?), until we saw Phantom of the Opera. Amazing. Hopefully that’ll be shown.

I like your typical male comment :smile:
When I met my wife this was me, I'm not going to a musical, I can't remember the first one I saw with her but I have enjoyed a few in London and Eastbourne.
I did think Phantom of the Opera was a game of two halves though, I didn't enjoy the first part up to the interval, but the second ( half ) was brilliant.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
The National Theatre streamed the James Corden play last night. One Man Two Guvnors.

http://ntlive.nationaltheatre.org.uk/productions/17222-one-man-two-guvnors

Didn't get in to it but nice touch.

I watched this because I wanted to see it with James Corden, I have seen it live twice though in Brighton and Eastbourne, with different actors.
I was actually in this in Eastbourne making my acting debut :smile: 2 members of the audience are invited to come onto the stage to lift a heavy trunk ( never sit in the front row ) :eek:

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I like your typical male comment :smile:
When I met my wife this was me, I'm not going to a musical, I can't remember the first one I saw with her but I have enjoyed a few in London and Eastbourne.
I did think Phantom of the Opera was a game of two halves though, I didn't enjoy the first part up to the interval, but the second ( half ) was brilliant.

Same age group as you I think, my only experience of musicals as a kid in the 70’s, was my mum watching (tedious to me) musicals on BBC2 on Saturday afternoons. Probably the Busby Berkeley, Astaire and Gene Kelly type stuff. Hated them. I preferred Disney, action and sci-fi. Musically, the 1976 revolution of punk, new wave and post-punk was heaven for me. Certainly no grand musicals.

We recently saw Wicked at the theatre by Victoria Station, it was quality.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Same age group as you I think, my only experience of musicals as a kid in the 70’s, was my mum watching (tedious to me) musicals on BBC2 on Saturday afternoons. Probably the Busby Berkeley, Astaire and Gene Kelly type stuff. Hated them. I preferred Disney, action and sci-fi. Musically, the 1976 revolution of punk, new wave and post-punk was heaven for me. Certainly no grand musicals.

We recently saw Wicked at the theatre by Victoria Station, it was quality.

Just remembered the first musical I went to with my wife was Blood Brothers, I've seen it twice now.
We Will Rock You is the best one I've seen, and I wouldn't say I'm a massive fan of Queen.
I hated Cats though, I went to see it in Eastbourne on a very hot afternoon, i didn't come back for the second part, wasn't my thing at all.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Just remembered the first musical I went to with my wife was Blood Brothers, I've seen it twice now.
We Will Rock You is the best one I've seen, and I wouldn't say I'm a massive fan of Queen.
I hated Cats though, I went to see it in Eastbourne on a very hot afternoon, i didn't come back for the second part, wasn't my thing at all.

I love real cats, so thought the musical might be my thing, but didn’t like the soundtrack at all ( on youtube), so glad I never saw that.

Evita on the the other hand has stunning songs, I’d love to see the show one day.

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

I thought We Will Rock You was terrible - cheesy, contrived nonsense.........but I also hated Grease so it’s far more likely its my taste that’s crap because everyone else loved it. I’ve been dragged along by the musical-loving Mrs to several miserable evenings in the West End (Les Mis, Lion King, and countless others I don’t want to recall). She tends to go with her mates now instead [emoji106] Starlight Express was, easily, the worst thing I’ve ever seen.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
I thought We Will Rock You was terrible - cheesy, contrived nonsense.........but I also hated Grease so it’s far more likely its my taste that’s crap because everyone else loved it. I’ve been dragged along by the musical-loving Mrs to several miserable evenings in the West End (Les Mis, Lion King, and countless others I don’t want to recall). She tends to go with her mates now instead [emoji106] Starlight Express was, easily, the worst thing I’ve ever seen.

Agree about Starlight we went to London to see it with a large group, my wife and I agreed it was one of the worse things we have ever seen. Everyone else in our group loved it. Proved one thing we were compatible.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

It’s not in our conditioning as lads, or genes? Many girls were nuts on musicals with theIr mates, had dance lessons from a young age. A non-PC observation .... prepares to be slammed.

But after also being dragged along, some have been pretty good.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

I would steer well clear of Cats then. :smile:

My Mrs knows I'm a bit moody and wouldn't buy a ticket for something I'm going to moan about going to see.
I liked We Will Rock You so much that I saw it again, the second time was a treat for my sons birthday.
I've seen Grease in London, think that was a trip for one of my sons birthdays, thought that was good TBH.

I did go to see Dirty Dancing in Eastbourne :ohmy: WTF? ??? My son bought tickets for my Mrs birthday.
Wasn't too bad , don't tell anyone about this though :wink:

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It’s not in our conditioning as lads, or genes? Many girls were nuts on musicals with theIr mates, had dance lessons from a young age. A non-PC observation .... prepares to be slammed.

But after also being dragged along, some have been pretty good.

Spot on. The Mrs loves them, she did panto for years, her sister was in an Opera Society etc etc. I played cricket and football and went fishing. After 30 years we’ve pretty much agreed we should stick to what we enjoy [emoji23][emoji23] I’m largely off the hook for future musicals I think as she’s got loads of mates that like them.......I’m genuinely happy to NEVER watch another. Ever. Oddly, I quite like Opera though and she doesn’t like it [emoji2369]

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Spot on. The Mrs loves them, she did panto for years, her sister was in an Opera Society etc etc. I played cricket and football and went fishing. After 30 years we’ve pretty much agreed we should stick to what we enjoy [emoji23][emoji23] I’m largely off the hook for future musicals I think as she’s got loads of mates that like them.......I’m genuinely happy to NEVER watch another. Ever. Oddly, I quite like Opera though and she doesn’t like it [emoji2369]

We don’t see eye to eye on most music, and it’s got more polarised over time. I love music from a varied range of genres. Seemingly, all despised in the car or at home :lolol:. At least I’ve got taste.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

I'm struggling to wonder why you thought a musical featuring the music of one band wouldn't be contrived! I expected it and enjoyed it, just as I enjoyed Bat out of Hell and Rock of Ages.

Is there anything musical you have seen that you actually enjoyed or is it a genre you are just never going to like?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
We don’t see eye to eye on most music, and it’s got more polarised over time. I love music from a varied range of genres. Seemingly, all despised in the car or at home :lolol:. At least I’ve got taste.

Same here, mine listens to some complete crap in her car, and she hates The Smiths :annoyed:

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Same here, mine listens to some complete crap in her car, and she hates The Smiths :annoyed:

I can’t stand a band universally adored on NSC, dare I say the word Duran. All my mates and family loathed them, whereas The Smith, The Cure, The Jam, The Stranglers, New Order were gods.

I bet other NSC’ers feel the same, but don’t want to go against the flow.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I can’t stand a band universally adored on NSC, dare I say the word Duran. All my mates and family loathed them, whereas The Smith, The Cure, The Jam, The Stranglers, New Order were gods.

I bet other NSC’ers feel the same, but don’t want to go against the flow.

I think Live by the sea probably thinks Christmas and a birthday has come at once on the Duran Duran thread :smile:

I'm listening to The Cure now BTW

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here