Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Anyone into Andrew Lloys Webber musicals - free streaming?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I can’t stand a band universally adored on NSC, dare I say the word Duran. All my mates and family loathed them, whereas The Smith, The Cure, The Jam, The Stranglers, New Order were gods.

I bet other NSC’ers feel the same, but don’t want to go against the flow.

It's okay, you're allowed to like pop and rock, guitars and synths.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'm struggling to wonder why you thought a musical featuring the music of one band wouldn't be contrived! I expected it and enjoyed it, just as I enjoyed Bat out of Hell and Rock of Ages.

Is there anything musical you have seen that you actually enjoyed or is it a genre you are just never going to like?

The latter I think.......just a bit disappointed it’s taken me 50-odd years to realise I don’t like it. I knew it would be contrived.....but sometimes we have to suffer these things for the greater good [emoji23][emoji23]

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think Live by the sea probably thinks Christmas and a birthday has come at once on the Duran Duran thread :smile:

I'm listening to The Cure now BTW

I mainly work from home, listening to music all day long. Many playlists, including all the great, late 70’s and 80’s bands adored by much of our generation.

bobbab5

Sep 5, 2003
Ely, Cambs.
Went to see Dave Clark's Time with my Mum back in the mid 80's.

Was very loud and a bit crap, apart from the massive hologram Laurence Olivier head and Sir Cliff's singing.

And at the time didn't know that Dave Clark was a massive Palarse fan! :ffsparr:

Also my late father was in the orchestra that first played Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat back in the late 60's.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Just remembered the first musical I went to with my wife was Blood Brothers, I've seen it twice now.
We Will Rock You is the best one I've seen, and I wouldn't say I'm a massive fan of Queen.
I hated Cats though, I went to see it in Eastbourne on a very hot afternoon, i didn't come back for the second part, wasn't my thing at all.

Saw Blood Brothers at the theatre royal recently but was disappointed. Loved We Will Rock You but Bat out of Hell was better.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Saw Blood Brothers at the theatre royal recently but was disappointed. Loved We Will Rock You but Bat out of Hell was better.

I haven't seen Bat out of Hell, but I'm not a fan of Meat Loaf, but I wasn't a fan of Queen before I saw We Will Rock You.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here