WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
RIP a great singer/songwriter and lovely modest man

And the punchline to 'How do you turn a duck into a soul singer ?'

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
What a voice. RIP Bill, your music will live on.

q

Just the Two of Us - with the late, great Grover Washington jnr.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
RIP Bill.

<For fans of Alan Partridge this joke dies today: "That was Bill Withers, who - thank The Lord - is still with us.">

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
It's ironic.. because the weather is meant to be quite nice this weekend :nono:

I do love this version, but the original was recorded by Michael Jackson and is absolutely sublime.

I have a version on an album called beach life sunrise. Ain’t no sunshine (SSYremix) It’s not on Apple Music but may be on Spotify. It’s that remix that makes it

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
He suffered with a stammer when he spoke which, like many people suffering the same affliction, he was able to overcome when he sang.
The similarities with Gareth Gates ended there.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I do love this version, but the original was recorded by Michael Jackson and is absolutely sublime.

I have a version on an album called beach life sunrise. Ain’t no sunshine (SSYremix) It’s not on Apple Music but may be on Spotify. It’s that remix that makes it

I'm pretty sure that Jackson's version was a cover, and that the original version was released by Bill Withers. I prefer BW's version, but was never a fan of Jackson.

Another glorious song that he wrote and performed was Grandma's Hands - but I think the cover by Gil Scott Heron was a far better version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpoKFnbYYB0

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I'm pretty sure that Jackson's version was a cover, and that the original version was released by Bill Withers. I prefer BW's version, but was never a fan of Jackson.

Another glorious song that he wrote and performed was Grandma's Hands - but I think the cover by Gil Scott Heron was a far better version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpoKFnbYYB0

I always remember it as Jackson’s first, but I stand to be corrected.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Ah yes it is withers song. Jackson recorded it soon after.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Very sad news, one of the all time great voices. So warm and soulful.

Two of my favourites of his:

Sweet Wanomi

I can't write left handed

If you haven't heard his Live from Carnegie Hall album(from which I've taken I can't write Left Handed) give yourself a treat and have a listen to it. Sit back, relax and let that voice envelope you.

Last edited:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It’s a very sad daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
RIP Bill.

<For fans of Alan Partridge this joke dies today: "That was Bill Withers, who - thank The Lord - is still with us.">

It will be born again as .."who is sadly no longer with us"

The utterly shite, "how do you turn a duck into a pop star? Put it in the oven until it's bill withers" remains unaffected.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
RIP Bill ..
The drummer in the " Aint no Sunshine" vid is the coolest cat there ever was. fact.
check him out.

He looks like Gene Wilder blacked up
gene wilder silver streak.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here