Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Rare footage of people working at Bletchley Park.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Fascinating place. Thought for one moment the heading implied that the they spent most of their time in the loo, making tea or having a crafty fag!

We were going to go back in the summer, as you get in free within a year of paying for your first visit.
But then......

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Mrs KZN is currently transcribing interviews with women who worked at Bletchley and its associated outstations - one story she told me from an outstation that just housed women was that they used to go down to a lake and sunbathe topless, but this had to stop when it was noticed that the RAF started flying over there far more often than usual!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
So at the height of the war, bound by the Official Secrets Act, someone decides to smuggle a camera into a secret site, no doubt with a potential death sentence if caught.

Given that in a number of the scenes the people being filmed would have willingly agreed to being filmed, why did they not report that someone was using a camera in the site against Regulations.

If security was this lapse how much information leaked out.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I've worked on MOD sites where mobile phones must be left at reception and collected at the end of the day - STRICTLY no photographic equipment of any kind allowed - perhaps they were more relaxed during wartime
#doubtit

Having watched the clip - I don't believe it spills any national secrets - filming work colleagues play football / cricket / R&R outside seem harmless enough - Although I acknowledge I'm no MI6 auditor.

Last edited:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
So at the height of the war, bound by the Official Secrets Act, someone decides to smuggle a camera into a secret site, no doubt with a potential death sentence if caught.

Given that in a number of the scenes the people being filmed would have willingly agreed to being filmed, why did they not report that someone was using a camera in the site against Regulations.

If security was this lapse how much information leaked out.

I don't think any info did leak out, as the Germans would've tried to sabotage the place, it was a similar situation with 'Hillside' at the NT site of Hughenden Manor, only until recently it was revealed what went on there.

https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/hughenden/features/operation-hillside-appeal

Although I acknowledge I'm no MI6 auditor.

"The seagull flys over the Amex at 15:00 hours" :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here