Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

COVID 19 Symptom Tracker App

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I think that this is worth doing, while we are at home

UK researchers have launched an app to help track the spread of Covid-19 and explore who is most at risk from the disease in an attempt to better understand the pandemic.
The free Covid Symptom Tracker app asks users to fill in data including age, sex and postcode as well as questions on existing medical conditions, such as heart disease, asthma and diabetes and whether users take drugs such as immunosuppressants or ibuprofen or use wheelchairs.
The app then asks participants to take one minute a day to report on whether they feel healthy and, if not, to answer questions on a wide range of symptoms, from coughs and fever to fatigue, diarrhoea and confusion.
The team behind the app – a collaboration between researchers at King’s College London and Guy’s and St Thomas’ hospitals as well as the health data science company ZOE – hope it will provide real-time information on how the disease is spreading in the UK, including hotspots.
“The concept is it is an early warning radar device because we are asking about non-classical symptoms as well, because many people are reporting non-persistent cough, or feeling unwell or a strange feeling of a lack of taste, or chest tightness that aren’t in the classical list but if we see it across the country in clusters we know they are probably real [symptoms of Covid-19],” said Tim Spector, a professor of genetic epidemiology at King’s College London, who is leading the work.

http://https://covid.joinzoe.com/

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Useful potentially however a bit frustrating you can’t backdate your info - as I had plenty of Coronavirus symptoms for 7 days about 3/4 weeks ago.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here