Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Old Brighton Postcard

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I've got a couple of thousand old Brighton postcards, this one of the B&HA Moochers being a favourite. Probably what the Ist team squad is doing at the moment
View attachment 121832

It's pre Great War, as R. Whiting, the goalkeeper, is sitting on the right and he was killed in the war.

Great shot. You can even spot a young Glenn Murray there, sitting second in from the right, in the early days of his Brighton career.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I have increasing doubts, go on, put me out of my misery .... I was wrong.

No, on further consideration the green glazed roof tiles on the houses in the distance are making me come round to thinking that you might possibly be right. It's a difficult one.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Southwick?

Shore.jpg

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
What was called the Brighton "A" Power Station after the more recent "B" Power Station was built in the 1950s and on whose site is the present Power Station. Beyond the Power Station in the photo it is just possible to see the Gas Works. All three plants existed in my younger days. I don't however remember the house.

half time scores

Mar 19, 2012
Lounging-on-the-chintz
What was called the Brighton "A" Power Station after the more recent "B" Power Station was built in the 1950s and on whose site is the present Power Station. Beyond the Power Station in the photo it is just possible to see the Gas Works. All three plants existed in my younger days. I don't however remember the house.

Do you remember the stench from the Gas Works?

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Do you remember the stench from the Gas Works?

I certainly do. Today, if you walk / cycle along the road by the sea behind the power station when there is a gently southerly wind, there is a fifty meter stretch where you get a whiff of the most nauseating stench imaginable. It looks like there's a sewage farm there, or is it from the power station?

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I remember the hot pipe coming out of the old works. It caused a lot of undercurrent that proved fatal for quite a few over the years,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here