Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

China's reported coronavirus cases and deaths

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Are their numbers just completely made up?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Wouldnt surprise me, take everything with a pinch of salt, all the time.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I can prove it. I ordered no. 15 Egg Fried Rice and got chicken noodles which is clearly no. 23.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
There's a few possibilites:

1. Made up numbers

2. Their Orwellian society actually strong enough to isolate every single case

3. They got a cure but wont tell us about it

4. It is their bioweapon and they know how to control it/avoid it

5. The nature of the virus. Perhaps this shit is more like SARS than the other coronaviruses: it just comes, wrecks everything and then disappear for no obvious reason. Maybe Italy goes full China - no new cases etc - within this month.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Their reported number of deaths does seem low.
That's a polite way of putting it. We could overtake their death toll today, despite the facts that:
  • the virus started in China, and spread across China before it reached here
  • we had a heads-up about the virus, while China faced it completely unaware
  • our hospitals have not yet been overwhelmed with cases, while theirs were
  • their population is more than 20 times ours

It seems to me that their reported figures are just completely made up bullsh*t propaganda.

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
while people have questioned the numbers since day 1, there's no evidence to support the suspicions. they have reported consistent numbers, and took extreme measures to limit spread.

if they are misreporting, we would also have to question all the models based on their numbers, and the policy responce.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
There's a few possibilites:

1. Made up numbers

4. It is their bioweapon and they know how to control it/avoid it

5. The nature of the virus. Perhaps this shit is more like SARS than the other coronaviruses: it just comes, wrecks everything and then disappear for no obvious reason. Maybe Italy goes full China - no new cases etc - within this month.
1. I'm thinking this is the most likely answer.
2. This is what I was thinking, before we saw what's happening in places like Italy, Spain, France, UK, US. China already had thousands of cases before they were in lockdown, so it was too late to stop the spread reaching as many as it has in the European countries. The US and few EU countries (Italy, Spain, German, France, UK) have now had 12 times as many deaths as China, despite the fact we haven't reached the peak here yet (despite China's population being double the countries I've listed). It's bullsh*t.
3. The shit was hitting the fan in China, it didn't look like a place that had the cure. And if it that was the case, they'd have reported loads of cases, but not so many deaths. They haven't even reported many cases.
4. If that's the case, then obviously they've been lying, so 1 is still true.
5. Even if that was the case, China would still have had a lot more cases and deaths.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
while people have questioned the numbers since day 1, there's no evidence to support the suspicions.
I disagree. Look at the numbers from countries like ours, and also look at how things look on the street. Most of us know people who work in the NHS, and they're preparing for things turning bad, but right now they haven't reached breaking point. The footage we saw from China was a different story, it was really bad.

they have reported consistent numbers
Which actually hints more towards made up numbers, than actual real data.
and took extreme measures to limit spread.
Yes they did, but those measures were taken after there were already thousands of cases around China, so those measures would not have been enough to keep the death toll under 3.5k.

if they are misreporting, we would also have to question all the models based on their numbers, and the policy responce.
Agreed.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003

2. yes.
3. they have much more relaxed regulation on theraphy use, have been quick to trial malaria, AIDs, other drugs to see if they help treat the serious cases.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Are their numbers just completely made up?

Yes.

If you look at Spain the UK and Italy, roughly one death per ten cases. In China it is way different. The US data looks dodgy too.

Of course none of the figures are accurate, but there is a 'signal' among the noise. Huge outliers are dodgy by definition.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
Yes.

If you look at Spain the UK and Italy, roughly one death per ten cases. In China it is way different. The US data looks dodgy too.

Of course none of the figures are accurate, but there is a 'signal' among the noise. Huge outliers are dodgy by definition.

so Germany another outlier, wider variance that China. we believe UK testing is under reporting cases too.

actually looking at the worldometers numbers, the world number is 5% of cases lead to death, so maybe Italy, France, Spain are off trend?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here