Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Future of International Travel?

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Will any travel insurance company include cover for Covid19 treatment or death by the virus in their policies in the future?

I presume not, which will mean that any future international travel will largely be only for people that have hopefully become immune due to having had the illness. Or for those that have had the vaccine (whenever that may be produced).

No one will want to be getting the virus in the USA, Canada or Caribbean without insurance because if they do survive they will be bankrupt due to a massive hospital bill when they are discharged.
And following Brexit we won't even be covered by our E111 for healthcare in Europe.

No one will want to risk contracting the virus in a country that has a struggling healthcare system (which is almost every country at the moment).

The international travel industry will be on it's knees for years.

(this is without factoring in how many people might even be able to afford to spend any of their budget on holidays)

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Insurance aside I doubt countries will be letting anyone in without some sort of certification otherwise enforced quarantine ..... not the sensible ones anyway

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
It's almost as if Brexit knew..

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Given it's not just the travel industry, but the much larger travel industry, which is crucial for economies in the developing world, the importance of international cooperation cannot be overstated. There will need to be some clear rules (which may well have to adapt) on this, otherwise different national leaders will go their own way and this will lead to the Greatest Depression.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Insurance aside I doubt countries will be letting anyone in without some sort of certification otherwise enforced quarantine ..... not the sensible ones anyway

I wrote about this on another thread somewhere. Until mass vaccination is possible, I don't see how countries can't impose something like the following at the very least...

- Immediate entry if you can prove, with some sort of internationally-approved document, that you have already had the virus and are "Covid-19 safe", or
- Quarantine for 14 days upon arrival to ensure you are not importing the virus back into the country you are entering.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
We need better processes to lock down and stop flights from nations when there are other outbreaks of viruses or diseases.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I wrote about this on another thread somewhere. Until mass vaccination is possible, I don't see how countries can't impose something like the following at the very least...

- Immediate entry if you can prove, with some sort of internationally-approved document, that you have already had the virus and are "Covid-19 safe", or
- Quarantine for 14 days upon arrival to ensure you are not importing the virus back into the country you are entering.

I hate to be the bringer of bad news, but vuruses mutate. That's why we need a fresh flu vaccine every year. If Cov-19 mutates like flu, and remains a bugger to work with (hence the lack of current vaccine for COV-19 despite all the biggest companies in the word busting a gut) this will be a complete game changer, not just wrt travel.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

The States will enforce that on incomers for a long time.

Ironic, as internally, Trump’s weeks of inaction turned many states into giant petri dishes.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

RE:
-- option 1: that is entirely dependent on an internationally/globally enforced/recognised set of rules
-- option 2: is the collapse of the tourist industry, which will impact on the developing world more than anywhere else, and will unleash a whole set of currently unimaginable consequences

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The States will enforce that on incomers for a long time.

Ironic, as internally, Trump’s weeks of inaction turned many states into giant petri dishes.

The States is completely out of control, I would go as far as saying it’s almost to far for anything to really be affective.

I wouldn’t be shocked if they just shrugged their shoulders and opened everything up

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Well I guess UK holidays short term will be happy then as no one will
Want to or afford or be allowed to holiday abroad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I hate to be the bringer of bad news, but vuruses mutate. That's why we need a fresh flu vaccine every year. If Cov-19 mutates like flu, and remains a bugger to work with (hence the lack of current vaccine for COV-19 despite all the biggest companies in the word busting a gut) this will be a complete game changer, not just wrt travel.

Oxford University are asking for healthy volunteers 18-55 to test a vaccine.

[tweet]1243508875225108480[/tweet]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here