Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone watch Hancock on qt tonight?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
He said

Yes people can get in their car, drive to a secluded spot to get their exercise. To walk on the downs etc

Erm.. this is exactly what the police are trying to stop aren’t they?

Surely they must stop giving mixed messages!

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Just watching it now. Not convinced by his answers on the 100000 tests a day by the end of the month and whether they would be to test for virus or immunity

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I don't know why they don't just ban outside exercise? It's not essential when you can do plenty of exercise in your front room, and is left open to abuse.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Because they don’t want to minimise the spread. They just want to control it to keep hospital admissions below maximum capacity.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Herd immunity seems to be an emotive term so they will avoid using it.

It does however seem that the only realistic option is to get to the point where enough people have had it to slow the spread to a point where we could reduce lockdown measures and still keep hospital admissions below capacity.

So some spread occurring keeps us moving towards that point.

And they want to keep as many businesses operating as possible to reduce the economic impact.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I don't know why they don't just ban outside exercise? It's not essential when you can do plenty of exercise in your front room, and is left open to abuse.

Because vitamin D is essential for the immune system and getting out of the house is essential for mental health?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

It does however seem that the only realistic option is to get to the point where enough people have had it to slow the spread to a point where we could reduce lockdown measures and still keep hospital admissions below capacity.

And they want to keep as many businesses operating as possible to reduce the economic impact.
Sounds likely.

It is clear that if everyone is locked in - with hazmatted military delivering food - and no one gets it, then the total lockdown will be for 18 months until there is a vaccine.

I don't criticise the strategy as such, I roll my eyes at the spin and stealth of it.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

There is a more nuanced approach that is outlined by Prof Devi Sridhar, chair of global public health at the University of Edinburgh.
It’s in line with WHO’s ‘test, test, test’ approach but will require 75,000-100,000 tests per day.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp....n-buys-time-virus-mass-testing-coronavirus-uk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Because they don’t want to minimise the spread. They just want to control it to keep hospital admissions below maximum capacity.

Dementia patients relatives told they won’t be admitted to hospital, but just made comfortable within the home with a DNR.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

or for long as it takes to increase enough capacity. they may have achived this already.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Dementia patients relatives told they won’t be admitted to hospital, but just made comfortable within the home with a DNR.

My wife and I were discussing something similar a few weeks ago. If/when this really ramps up and the hospitals are over whelmed we are assuming that younger people will take priority over older people for beds and ventilators. As an older person I believe that this is how it should be. When I say older I mean over say 60?

As an aside and watching Naga Munchetty interviewing Hancock, I find her aggressive and demanding interview technique fecking irritating.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
My wife and I were discussing something similar a few weeks ago. If/when this really ramps up and the hospitals are over whelmed we are assuming that younger people will take priority over older people for beds and ventilators. As an older person I believe that this is how it should be. When I say older I mean over say 60?

As an aside and watching Naga Munchetty interviewing Hancock, I find her aggressive and demanding interview technique fecking irritating.

Bang on - the aggressive approach of the BBC breakfast team is a disgrace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

It also means their deaths won’t be included in official figures for CV19.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Was this today, this morning ? If so, when does the poor bugger ever get behind his desk to actually do the job he should be doing ?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Over 60!

With more people living go 100 that means you are suggesting that people are no longer useful or needed after just over half their life?

Blimey.... bring on Logan’s run

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here