Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Confession

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Not my favourite genre but it occasionally has the power to surprise. This one always raises a lump in the throat. Used as the final song for the final episode of Northern Exposure.

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
Love a bit of country music!
Kacey Musgraves, Shania Twain, Luke Combs, Florida Georgia Line and many more!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I seem to be enjoying country music more and more of late.

Anyone else similarly afflicted?

This happened to me a while ago. I thought it might be the on-set of an early mid-life crisis. I had to avoid any car showrooms with sports-cars just on the risk of an impulse buy.

It still lingers even now, I have to consciously suppress the occasional impulse. The odd playlist, a bit of Glen Campbell, dare I say it, it's a bit like a virus....

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I saw this on TOTP2 once and was instantly hooked:

This and the other songs from O Brother Where Art Thou are brilliant:

And this is strangely compelling (albeit essentially a bit Mumford & Sons if I'm honest, and that's not a good thing):

The rest of C&W can do one, though.

Last edited:

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I love Absolute Country on the old DAB. Loads of songs about whiskey and muddy boots and feisty women and pickup trucks and God and getting dumped.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Nothing wrong with a wee bit of Country.

Love a bit of Lady Antebellum, Kelsea Ballerini, the aforementioned Carrie Underwood... quite nice to have on when the weather is nice and you're out driving.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I seem to be enjoying country music more and more of late.

Anyone else similarly afflicted?

[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION], how do you block someone, just asking for a friend.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I love Absolute Country on the old DAB. Loads of songs about whiskey and muddy boots and feisty women and pickup trucks and God and getting dumped.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHdWJB9m1lk

A classic of the genre. Even starts with slagging off "the boss man" and includes the majority of the above references. Plus having a terrible hangover. Absolute tune.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
There's a kind of magical musical melting pot that lies somewhere between the genres of country, country rock, alt country, bluegrass, americana, folk and pop in which you will find a whole host of amazing artists whose work, to a greater or lesser extent, contains elements of some of these influences with a greater emphasis on one or another. I would reference the following by way of a starter for 10, in no particular order:

The Flying Burrito Brothers
The Byrds
Gram Parsons
Emmylou Harris
Roseanne Cash
Rodney Crowell
The Lone Riders
Guy Clark
Townes Van Zandt
Iris DeMent
Little Big Town
Gillian Welch